DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: screen replacement,.

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by duxdad View Post
    Don't think the D4 is Gorilla glass. I slipped from my hand and landed right on the corner and shattered.
    Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not crack proof

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #

replace screen

Quote Originally Posted by slikno420 View Post
    So Idropped my phone and spider webbed the screen, anybody repaired this them selves or is it better to take to verixon?
    I did this with my Ally - tricky work even if you can get the parts. I had to buy a couple of dead phones to get the parts at a reasonable price then the fun started to disassemble and reassemble to replace the screen. THIS IS S TRICKY TASK and you need to snap pictures all along the way so you can put it back together. If you are not well versed in extremely small work with lighted magnifying glass and have the microscrewdrivers don't even consider it. I was successful replacing the LCD and the glass ( I ran over the phone with my car ) but I have the equipment and the skills and patience.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII

How do you break Gorilla Glass

That's exactly what I told the Verizon rep when I reported my shattered glass on my 14 day old Galaxy SIII. I'm sick. Good thing I didn't have insurance because the deductible would have cost $150. I can't get a new phone at a discounted price, basically I'm stuck. I did some research on line and found new glass at amazon.com for around $28.00. When I searched for "broken glass on Galaxy SIII" a couple of sites came up giving advice on how to fix it.
    Can i replace the glass lense on my samsung galaxy s3 or do i have to buy the lcd screen aswell? - I just recieved my galaxy s3 a couple of days ago and dropped it, the glass lens it damaged but the lcd screen is fine. :: Ask Me Fast
    the above is the link I checked out as well as a video on youtube.com
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 xt894

Re: screen replacement,.

Quote Originally Posted by drew96dawg View Post
    Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not crack proof

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    if u ask me, it's neither. it cracks and scratches with little effort. the gorilla glass title is just a marketting name. but it's time all touchscreen fones were made shatter and scratch proof.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by slikno420 View Post
    So Idropped my phone and spider webbed the screen, anybody repaired this them selves or is it better to take to verixon?
    You can watch the repair video first. I f you're sure that you can buy a replacement part and repalce it yourself. You can find many repair part after serarched. But if you're not sure, then you'd better go to verizon. Good luck.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I have the same problem. I dropped my new Droid 4 from my coat pocket while on my bike, and didn't realize it was gone for like 30 minutes. So I rode back and there it was, lying in the street....with a pretty awesome spiderweb (mostly on the bottom of the screen). I've learned to ignore it for a couple months. Well you guys have comfirmed what I suspected, that I'd have to pay like a $100 deductable to get it repaired. From what I ascertained soon after the mishap, you can order a kit with a new screen for like $50. I just am not too mechanically minded so I guess I'll wait for many more months till I can afford to get it repaired. The cracks add character, anyways The phone is fully operational still. I just haven't used it for games since this happened.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Motorola fix

Motorola charges $100 to replace glass, That will save one of your two lives on Asurion. Qith Asurion you get a phone overnite, having Moto fix it you loose your phone for a week. In my case I just activated my old Droid2.

Quote Originally Posted by qurk View Post
    I have the same problem. I dropped my new Droid 4 from my coat pocket while on my bike, and didn't realize it was gone for like 30 minutes. So I rode back and there it was, lying in the street....with a pretty awesome spiderweb (mostly on the bottom of the screen). I've learned to ignore it for a couple months. Well you guys have comfirmed what I suspected, that I'd have to pay like a $100 deductable to get it repaired. From what I ascertained soon after the mishap, you can order a kit with a new screen for like $50. I just am not too mechanically minded so I guess I'll wait for many more months till I can afford to get it repaired. The cracks add character, anyways The phone is fully operational still. I just haven't used it for games since this happened.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by duxdad View Post
    Motorola charges $100 to replace glass, That will save one of your two lives on Asurion. Qith Asurion you get a phone overnite, having Moto fix it you loose your phone for a week. In my case I just activated my old Droid2.
    Well, I get attached to my devices, so I'd much rather just fix the glass than get a new phone. I could go back to my old LG envy touch for a week or two anyways Ya I have the Asurion thing too...didn't know about the 2 lives thing. I have a feeling the cheapest route would be to pay a mechanically minded friend to replace the screen, if I gave him parts.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2

Re: screen replacement,.

Quote Originally Posted by qurk View Post
    Well, I get attached to my devices, so I'd much rather just fix the glass than get a new phone. I could go back to my old LG envy touch for a week or two anyways Ya I have the Asurion thing too...didn't know about the 2 lives thing. I have a feeling the cheapest route would be to pay a mechanically minded friend to replace the screen, if I gave him parts.
    I have an old env2 and it would suck to have to go back to it.
    Asurion only lets you file 2 claims a year now.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links