DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OTA UPDATE DROID 4 AUGUST 18th

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis_88 View Post
    I am having the same problem Its keep saying update failed should I do this as well?
    Alexis, if you still have not found a solution try Voodoo Rootkeeper from the market. It's very straight forward and pretty much requires you to click one or two buttons to unroot. Then apply the update, then come back to the tool to restore root. It was more than easy.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnweitzel View Post
    I don't think ICS supports those. You should have three now: Mass Storage, MTP and PTP. MTP should be the most flexible as you have access on the phone and from your pc. If you just upgraded to ICS you will probably need new drivers.
    Yea, it doesn't have the PC mode directly but I found out how to boot into that mode from the bootloader; a little more cumbersome but it works.
    Last edited by xsylus; 08-20-2012 at 10:01 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D4
    Quote Originally Posted by standard101 View Post
    Alexis, if you still have not found a solution try Voodoo Rootkeeper from the market. It's very straight forward and pretty much requires you to click one or two buttons to unroot. Then apply the update, then come back to the tool to restore root. It was more than easy.
    If you go this route, make sure your root binaries are up-to-date (in the superuser app). If you try to restore an outdated su binary, you're likely to have to re-flash your system to be able to re-root (at least in my case, that was the only way I could find to get root back, after trying many other things).
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Mine is almost done downloading as we speak. I hope it works out ok. My friend has it on his razr and there's some things I didnt like, like the fact that you cant long touch to add app or widgets and such anymore. Mine is finished it says verifying update, wish me luck!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Hello, I am a newbie here and I had the same problem. I tried several times to install the OTA ICS and it just says install failed. I am rooted with GB. what do I need to do? What is the D4 utility?
    Thanks!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Install went well, everything seems to be working well so far and it's kind of cool, going to take some getting used to though!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rouge06 View Post
    Hello, I am a newbie here and I had the same problem. I tried several times to install the OTA ICS and it just says install failed. I am rooted with GB. what do I need to do? What is the D4 utility?
    Thanks!
    When you start the update process it loads that screen with the android character and the yellow progress bar, as soon as that screen shows up press both vol up and vol down at the same time and it will switch to verbose mode where it will show each step of the install process. When it fails it will typically display a directory and apk file name. If you're rooted I recommend getting titanium backup, making a complete backup of your system. Use the D4 utility to flash the latest GB update which should return everything to stock and then download the ICS update and let it install. Once installed sign in with your gmail account and download titanium backup and then restore from the back. BTW make sure when you use titanum backup that you set it to backup to the external sdcard otherwise it will default to the internal one and you may lose the backup after the flash. If you have any other questions with this you can PM me. I had to reset my GB to stock with a fastboot file in order to get ICS to install from there I was able to restore all my apps and settings with titanium backup which saved me a lot of time.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    Is anyone else having issues with 3G and airplane mode? I switched my phone to airplane mode the other day and when I switched it back the 3G wouldn't come back on. I had to reboot the phone to get it to work. Also when I reboot my phone goes in to AP fastboot mode instead of booting normally. What's that about? It's ironic but I think I'd have less issues with this phone if it had an unlocked bootloader. With my Droid 1 I had a custom ROM that worked 10 times better than stock. Tired of these stale, commercial, uninspired, motoblur infested installations that seem to be riddled with bugs. After the OTA push of the latest GB on my Droid 4 I had to reflash it myself because the OTA pushed version was corrupted. So far I'm not minding ICS, it's pretty sweet but there are issues and I'm not sure if they're specific to ICS or just because Motorola and Verizon put there dirty fingers all over ICS before passing it along.

BTW: I have the OTA file which can be reinstalled via the bootloader recovery mode. If anyone wants it for development purposes or whatever let me know. I used it in recovery mode to see if it would fix the the phone booting into AP fastboot mode but it didn't my phone still boots into that mode for some reason. If anyone know how to fix that please share.
    Last edited by xsylus; 08-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Is there a way to save the ICS update to SD-ext?

I have been trying to get the update on my droid 4 for the past 2 days. Once it starts updating, it always aborts on Youtube.apk. I was rooted, unrooted with droid 4 utility, same thing. Did factory setting, same thing. And I am tired of spending 20+ minutes trying to download the update.

I am at my wits end, but I tried changing the youtube.apk and still nothing.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    XjsnweitzelX
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    DroidForums.net Developer
    It's downloaded to your cache. Copy it to your internal, the external to save. You can also get it in the roms section. Posted there about three weeks ago. Have to be rooted to get to the cache.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Links