DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: One touch action?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

One touch action?

Just came to the Droid 4 from Droid Pro.
    I run my business from my phone, and do some repetitive actions that I need help with on the 4.

On my Droid Pro, I was able to create a home screen icon that I could click to send a text to Person1. I click it and it opens my texting program (GOSMS Pro) and I'm good to go. I had 2 of these, one each for the two people i am in contact with constantly throughout the day.
    So, looking for one touch text capability....

The other is on my Droid Pro I was able to create Navigation icons, and I had several in a folder (Home, Downtown SF, Downtown Oakland, etc.)
    Again, just click the icon and I would go to Google Navigator with that as the destination.

Is this functionality avail on the 4? If not, what are my options for one touch solution for these tasks?

Thanks in advance

courier guy.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Being that both phones are android based, you should be able to do everything on the DROID4 that you have been on the PRO. Same operating systems, same functions. If anything, the DROID4 (with the more updated OS) should give you an even better experience.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    you would think so!
    but, when I select 'shortcuts' on home screen, no option avail for either of the two... (unlike the Pro)... ??
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    OK. Using Favorites grid seems like best solution. Down to 2 strokes for texr, and 3 strokes for nav.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    outsid0r
    Phone
    Droid 4
    remember the pro and 4 are very different and with the moto-wiz differences not everything is the same, even look from the 3-4 or 4-rzr, all phones are made differently for reasons based on screen size, physical keyboard and such. All of this must be taken into acct.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    Quote Originally Posted by courierguy View Post
    Just came to the Droid 4 from Droid Pro.
    I run my business from my phone, and do some repetitive actions that I need help with on the 4.

On my Droid Pro, I was able to create a home screen icon that I could click to send a text to Person1. I click it and it opens my texting program (GOSMS Pro) and I'm good to go. I had 2 of these, one each for the two people i am in contact with constantly throughout the day.
    So, looking for one touch text capability....

The other is on my Droid Pro I was able to create Navigation icons, and I had several in a folder (Home, Downtown SF, Downtown Oakland, etc.)
    Again, just click the icon and I would go to Google Navigator with that as the destination.

Is this functionality avail on the 4? If not, what are my options for one touch solution for these tasks?

Thanks in advance

courier guy.
    Hmm, I was able to do all of the above but I'm using the Go Launcher. Also, I use the default Texting app, I did not try it with an alternate application.

Links