DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Transfer photos to PC?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    On the root of your SD Card there's a folder called "DCIM"...inside it is one called "Camera"...that's where everything I've taken with my camera gets stored.
    Also, there's no need to pull your SD Card. Use the data cable (or pull it from your charger) to connect the phone directly to your PC and use USB Mass Storage Mode.
    More Reviews:
    How to transfer, sync photos from iPhone to Computer
    How to transfer photo/picture from iPhone to Mac
    Last edited by kunmerpark; 10-08-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    myfishbear likes this.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiterdigetata View Post
    ... i use motocast on both phones and computer
    Deiterdigetata, tell me abut motocast. Will it rip my tracks from my compact disks on my Win 7 PC, convert them to MP3, and then download them to the SD card on my Droid 4 (under ICS)?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 /droid 4

Cool

Hi websquad , To sync your phone and pc you have to download motocast on both , set it up and follow whatever it says , once finish you will be able to acces almost everything from your pc on your moto phone without downloading using the space of your phone . If you need further help i'll be around .
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Motocast -- what can it do (and not do).

Hi websquad , To sync your phone and pc you have to download motocast on both, set it up and follow whatever it says; once finished you will be able to access almost everything from your pc on your moto phone without downloading using the space of your phone . If you need further help I'll be around .
    Per chance, will MotoCast allow me to sync my calendar, notes, and contacts from Outlook 2007, as well as sync my music I have downloaded to my Windows PC? Can it do this without storing any of my date "in the cloud" in some off-site server farm?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 /droid 4
    Hi Again Websquad , The answer to your question is yes , You can access to most of files , music , videos and pic s from another computer or phone , you just have to spend a little time to learn about how to use motocast , first off download it to your computer and phone sync it , choose what you want to have access to and voila!!!!

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...n-my-device%3F
    Last edited by Deiterdigetata; 09-16-2012 at 07:09 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4 (ICS)
    Not wanting to hijack this thread but is Motocast superior to using dropbox to transfer stuff?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Hi Again Websquad , The answer to your question is yes , You can access to most of files , music , videos and pic s from another computer
    Does this allow one to sync Outlooked-based information (calendar, contacts, tasks, notes) on my desktop with my Droid 4?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, 16 GB
    I had no idea there was a difference between the USB cable that arrived with my RAZR & at this point, I couldn't possibly discern one from another - or is there a perceptible way to tell? How do I describe that USB & replace it & from any place other than Motorola?
    Assuming that I'll not have access (do not have the right USB cable, I assume) how can I send a few key pictures that I just want to print as a present prior to showing up for surgery at 6:30AM tomorrow & yes, I'm expert at waiting until the last minute. Duh, with wireless printer, I'll try to send to printer but - well, I'll see if there's option to send to picture paper tray but just in case I need more elaborate directions, please give it a try & I'll check back once I'm packed.
    Secondarily, it makes sense that I should move my pictures (not allowed to have cell in hospital room & friends will be keeping phone & bringing it to me - I'm a bit uneasy about the arrangement as I seem to have too many apps that run all the time so battery runs out ally fast which has not been issue for me because I've been bed bound and phone usually always plugged to AC, I feel as though this topic is stretching to many issues which is why I get hung up on what starts out being a simple issue -longest parentheses in history but I can't see much on phone screen & too difficult to walk, whether to PC or next room, really need new left knee)-again, pictures to the PC (new with Windows 7 so if anything needs to be downloaded, please include that as well since it is only basic stuff + Office Professional - also, it's 64bit).
    I'll check back later to find out if suggestions came in. Thanks in advance, Sandra edit added - it' Office 2010.
    Last edited by 211SSW; 12-18-2012 at 09:15 PM.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Cool Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benton View Post

- If Internal phone storage was selected the pictures will reside in the folder DCIM/Camera on the drive labeled MOT on your PC
    - If SD Card was selected the pictures will reside in folder DCIM/Camera on the drive labeled Removable Disk on your PC
    Hope this helps.

This is exactly what I needed to know as I was having the same issue - not knowing where to look for the pictures on my phone! My pics are now being transferred to a flash drive and will free up tons of space on my droid 4! You're the best!
    Melissa
    Last edited by honeybear2002; 03-06-2013 at 08:02 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Idk if anyone uses this but I have Sweet Home! which automatically sends my pictures to my pc and sorts them into dated folders whenever I am on my wifi. you can also set it to send when on wifi and when power is connected or however you like. But it is completely wireless and everything works perfectly I don't know for sure if it does anything other than pictures but you can select which directories you would like to send to pc. and you can upload the pictures whenever you like when your on your wifi by clicking the manual upload. the app is free or you can get the donate version it is by the developer "SweeSoft"
    -_ Moto Droid 4 Rooted Ecplise JB_-
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links