DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Overclocking Droid 4 ICS Instructions

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid

Overclocking Droid 4 ICS Instructions

I have successfully overclocked my Droid 4 on hashcodes ICS rom to 1.430 GHz an running stable an here are the steps

Standard disclaimer I am not responsible for improper application of this method an mistakes made by human error please read carefully an understand the steps fully before proceeding.

You must also have hash codes ICS running an in safe strap to perform this OC. U can also use this method for a stock moto gingerbread rom but u will not be able to OC past 1388 MHz before the phone becomes unstable

Step 1 install an back up quickclock advanced on stock moto rom(u will be unable to download an install the app from the market with the custom rom)

Step 2 download the droid 4 utility an run the batch file

Step 3 select option 7 it will install script manager an the OC hack an once the process has finished (it will say exploiting with motofail just ignore it its not rerooting ur phone) continue to step 4

Step 4 locate an select the 1300 MHz file that the driod 4 utility option 7 moved to your sdcard-ext by using script manager that was installed by the droid 4 utility an select the boot an su option towards the top of the window an then edit the file itself an change the 130000000 value to 150000000 (allows the oc cap to be 1.5 GHz) then reboot

Step 5 restore the quickclock advance app that u backed up do not use the restore+data option just restore the app regularly then run the app

Step 6 go to calibrate-->adjustments and set max oc speed an max cpu speed to 1440

Step 7 go to advanced an tap full edit it should say "vsel edit enabled" if it says disabled tap again till it says enabled

Step 8 go to overclock select the profile section should say None an then will give u a list of profiles to choose select high performance an make sure the top vsel says 63 an the second from the top says 61 an then edit the cpu frequency fields to what u prefer (warning phone becomes unstable at 1435 but is not noticeable untill 1445 Do Not overclock to or past1500 or phone will become inoperable untill u reboot it) over clock will not survive reboot but profile will all u have to do is re apply the profile after every reboot(do not use the set at boot option it will cause the app to crash untill it is uninstalled an all the quickclock steps are redone

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums
    Last edited by sargentmajord; 03-20-2012 at 03:02 AM.
    moccor likes this.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Here are some screen shots that shows it works

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overclocking Droid 4 ICS Instructions-uploadfromtaptalk1332231870849.png   Overclocking Droid 4 ICS Instructions-uploadfromtaptalk1332231888954.png   Overclocking Droid 4 ICS Instructions-uploadfromtaptalk1332231943873.png  
    Last edited by sargentmajord; 03-20-2012 at 03:00 AM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Thank you greatly appreciated!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Hmmm no comments must be working fine
    Last edited by sargentmajord; 03-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Bump :-P

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Im running CM9 3/20 if I update to a new nightly do I have to do this whole process over again or should I just be able to re apply the profile like normal? Also if I flash to a new rom do I have to re do all the steps or just from 5 down?

I noticed Serious issues running at 1430. it was EXTREMELY laggy i dropped it to 1400 and it runs beautifully.
    Last edited by supershot666; 03-20-2012 at 05:04 PM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by supershot666 View Post
    Im running CM9 3/20 if I update to a new nightly do I have to do this whole process over again or should I just be able to re apply the profile like normal? Also if I flash to a new rom do I have to re do all the steps or just from 5 down?

I noticed Serious issues running at 1430. it was EXTREMELY laggy i dropped it to 1400 and it runs beautifully.
    Some devices can handle 1430 some can't all depends on the cpu its the same as a computer mine can be oveclocked to 1440 an run for about 10 hrs before I see any lag an yes any time u reflash a rom u have to do the process over cuz u have completely erased the hack I have to do the same thing so I stop doing nightly flashes only do it once a week cuz there are a lot of updates in a week plus I only have to do the hack once a week an not daily

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    Some devices can handle 1430 some can't all depends on the cpu its the same as a computer mine can be oveclocked to 1440 an run for about 10 hrs before I see any lag an yes any time u reflash a rom u have to do the entire process over cuz u have completely erased the hack I have to do the same thing so I stop doing nightly flashes only do it once a week cuz there are a lot of updates in a week plus I only have to do the hack once a week an not daily

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Is 63 and 61 the stock voltages for 1200Mhz and 1Ghz frequencies? Have you read anything on if these voltages are lowered or if it's even possible to lower them? Overclocking is kinda useless imo when at 1.2Ghz Dual Core, but as long as the voltages don't go above stock, it should give about the same battery life. Maybe even save you a little by processing things quicker and being able to turn off the display sooner haha. Will definitely give this a shot some time soon. Thanks for the guide.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by moccor View Post
    Is 63 and 61 the stock voltages for 1200Mhz and 1Ghz frequencies? Have you read anything on if these voltages are lowered or if it's even possible to lower them? Overclocking is kinda useless imo when at 1.2Ghz Dual Core, but as long as the voltages don't go above stock, it should give about the same battery life. Maybe even save you a little by processing things quicker and being able to turn off the display sooner haha. Will definitely give this a shot some time soon. Thanks for the guide.
    Both are stock the top vsel must be 63 an the second from top must be 61 or the overclock won't work the bottom 3 are stock an must not be edited or it won't scale properly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links