DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Overclocking Droid 4 ICS Instructions

  1. Senior Droid
    Giroux28's Avatar
    Member #
    205672
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    139
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S iii
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    No there isn't a table unfortunately but here are the stock vsel numbers 61 61 55 43 26

    Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums
    Inaccurate dude, the top stock number was 73 or something in the 70s b4 I touched it, mine currently read 63,61,53,44,29 n im stable. I just now switched the bottom 2 to 43 and 26 since they were lower, i think im still stable. I just wish I knew HOWWWW low I could go, I really wanna undervolt this thing and make it last as long as possible on each unplug, its awesome and fast enough already.. also i wasnt tryna insult u with the punctuation and **** dude I really appreciate ur work and time.
  2. Senior Droid
    moccor's Avatar
    Member #
    153942
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux28 View Post
    Inaccurate dude, the top stock number was 73 or something in the 70s b4 I touched it, mine currently read 63,61,53,44,29 n im stable. I just now switched the bottom 2 to 43 and 26 since they were lower, i think im still stable. I just wish I knew HOWWWW low I could go, I really wanna undervolt this thing and make it last as long as possible on each unplug, its awesome and fast enough already.. also i wasnt tryna insult u with the punctuation and **** dude I really appreciate ur work and time.
    63,61,53,44,29 are stock. What QuickClock show's under the 'High Speed' profile is not the same as what it shows under the default+none profiles. As for undervolting, idk much about it for the Droid 4. But I saw ways to make the RAZR go to 2Ghz and they are pretty much the same phone...
  3. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux28 View Post
    Inaccurate dude, the top stock number was 73 or something in the 70s b4 I touched it, mine currently read 63,61,53,44,29 n im stable. I just now switched the bottom 2 to 43 and 26 since they were lower, i think im still stable. I just wish I knew HOWWWW low I could go, I really wanna undervolt this thing and make it last as long as possible on each unplug, its awesome and fast enough already.. also i wasnt tryna insult u with the punctuation and **** dude I really appreciate ur work and time.
    Its is not inaccurate those vsel numbers are correct quickclock auto calculates ur vsel when u go in to over clock with the vsel editing enabled plus u are unable to set a vsel value higher than 63

    Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums
  4. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by moccor View Post
    63,61,53,44,29 are stock. What QuickClock show's under the 'High Speed' profile is not the same as what it shows under the default+none profiles. As for undervolting, idk much about it for the Droid 4. But I saw ways to make the RAZR go to 2Ghz and they are pretty much the same phone...
    I do appologize but the vsel numbers 63 61 53 44 29 are not the stock values they are the auto calculated values by quickclock the new numbers I posted are the stock ones

    Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Giroux28's Avatar
    Member #
    205672
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    139
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S iii
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentmajord View Post
    I do appologize but the vsel numbers 63 61 53 44 29 are not the stock values they are the auto calculated values by quickclock the new numbers I posted are the stock ones

    Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums
    I have it set with 61 61 55 43 26 right now like you said, I had to CHANGE it in order to make it this way so I dont get how these would be the stock values or why it would be set differently anyway regardless... but it doesnt appear smooth set like this and i really want to undervolt why is noone else interested in making the thing last as long as possible?

    Correction on one thing, its running nice right now... but still why would i have to change it from anything to stock??? Wouldn't it be the other way around, makes no sense... I had a D2 for 3 years, this isn't my first rodeo just so ya know haha.
    Last edited by Giroux28; 03-24-2012 at 01:07 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    sargentmajord's Avatar
    Member #
    238495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,195
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux28 View Post
    I have it set with 61 61 55 43 26 right now like you said, I had to CHANGE it in order to make it this way so I dont get how these would be the stock values or why it would be set differently anyway regardless... but it doesnt appear smooth set like this and i really want to undervolt why is noone else interested in making the thing last as long as possible?

    Correction on one thing, its running nice right now... but still why would i have to change it from anything to stock??? Wouldn't it be the other way around, makes no sense... I had a D2 for 3 years, this isn't my first rodeo just so ya know haha.
    U don't have to keep it at stock someone here asked for the stock Vsel values so I posted them but I accidental posted the auto calculated ones an not the stock ones an when under volt u need to drop the frequency to cuz if u don't u are starving ur cpu for power an it becomes unstable

    Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    B-Unit's Avatar
    Member #
    51526
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux28 View Post
    I have it set with 61 61 55 43 26 right now like you said, I had to CHANGE it in order to make it this way so I dont get how these would be the stock values or why it would be set differently anyway regardless... but it doesnt appear smooth set like this and i really want to undervolt why is noone else interested in making the thing last as long as possible?

    Correction on one thing, its running nice right now... but still why would i have to change it from anything to stock??? Wouldn't it be the other way around, makes no sense... I had a D2 for 3 years, this isn't my first rodeo just so ya know haha.
    It looks like there is a difference between 'stock' (what Moto ships with the kernal) and the default settings for the app (quickclock)

    Stock voltages (from Moto)
    1200Mhz : 61 (1.375V)
    1000Mhz : 61 (1.374V)
    800Mhz : 55 (1.313V)
    600Mhz : 43 (1.200V)
    300Mhz : 26 (1.025V)

    My Current Custom settings
    1400Mhz : 59 (1.360V)
    1200Mhz : 47 (1.240V)
    900Mhz : 45 (1.220V)
    600Mhz(haven't tested undervolting)
    300Mhz : 18 (0.950V)

    As stated earlier, each device is different, so be sure to stress test settings on your device to ensure they are stable. I will try to draw up some instructions for installing the OC hack manually tonight.
    Last edited by B-Unit; 03-25-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    DROID4: Rooted and OC Hacked
    DROID : SimplyStunning 5.6 1.2 Ghz ULV Kernel
  8. Droid
    marlonvps's Avatar
    Member #
    255052
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #28
    thanks for sharing.I noticed Serious issues running at 1430. it was EXTREMELY laggy i dropped it to 1400 and it runs beautifully.
  9. Senior Droid
    Giroux28's Avatar
    Member #
    205672
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    139
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S iii
    #29
    there is no point to running any faster than 1200... only point to unlocking all this stuff would be to undervolt n make battery last longer, will let everyone know if I figure something out..
  10. Senior Droid
    moccor's Avatar
    Member #
    153942
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux28 View Post
    there is no point to running any faster than 1200... only point to unlocking all this stuff would be to undervolt n make battery last longer, will let everyone know if I figure something out..
    I thought so too. But there is a noticeably increase in speed. And since voltages stays the same, you get the same battery life+stability. So there's no reason to not do it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid Pro Resources Thread (SBF, Root, Update, Instructions)
    By gsu_golfer in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
  2. Droid 3 Assembly Instructions
    By AtariFX in forum Motorola Droid 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 09:09 AM
  3. I need instructions on rooting the Droid Incredible.
    By coolerthought in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
  4. Droid 2 Unroot instructions
    By Guinnessfreak in forum Rescue Squad Guides
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 05:04 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 4 ics

,
droid 4 ics overclock
,

droid 4 overclock

,
droid4 overclock
,

how to overclock droid 4

,

overclock droid 4

,
overclock droid 4 ics
,
overclock xt894
,

overclocking droid 4

,
overclocking droid4
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+