DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How To Stop Verizon From Throttling Your Phone

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    I will have to assume that is the post you are referring to.

What you stated is incorrect. Flat out. The only capped plan less than $30 was the $20 for 150MB that was a limited time offer. Otherwise there was the first double data deal for 4G phones that gave 4GB for $30.
    I remember a choice other than unlimited for less $. Maybe the rep mis-spoke, maybe I misunderstood, maybe your facts aren't as cut and dried as you state them. Or maybe I am simply "incorrect". Not sure that it's all that important to the point being made...

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )

Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

Perspective Instantiates Reality .

~
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I remember a choice other than unlimited for less $. Maybe the rep mis-spoke, maybe I misunderstood, maybe your facts aren't as cut and dried as you state them. Or maybe I am simply "incorrect". Not sure that it's all that important to the point being made...
    The choice other than unlimited for less was $20 for 150MB like I stated.
    I'd say it's very important to the entitlement mindset you have in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I'm paying extra for supposedly "unlimited" 4G LTE data. But in reality, if I try to utilize the superior performance of my vzw phone, I will be deprived of the very features I am paying extra money for well before others who are not paying that higher rate. And others in my position will also be penalized at a rate far higher than 5% for simply using the extra performance they paid vzw to get.
    Since you are paying less, getting more and complaining about it. If you want to pay a higher rate and not be throttled, get on one of the metered plans. There is no reason Verizon would ever slow those customers down.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    The choice other than unlimited for less was $20 for 150MB like I stated.
    I'd say it's very important to the entitlement mindset you have in this post:

Since you are paying less, getting more and complaining about it. If you want to pay a higher rate and not be throttled, get on one of the metered plans. There is no reason Verizon would ever slow those customers down.
    Disagree. The hypothetical "entitlement" is that -- despite the now circular nature of (our) argument -- I still believe that I'm -- morally and ethically, if not also legally -- entitled to get what I was given to believe I had paid for -- regardless of the amount paid. I understand that you (are entitled to) disagree.

But that's old news.
    Maybe I'll watch the Black Knight again and laugh it off...

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 03-06-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

Perspective Instantiates Reality .

~
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Within a couple of weeks of getting my first smartphone Verizon did come out with a 150mb plan for $15 which I took advantage of since, in spite of having a great time in the Amazon Market I hadn't even come close to using 150mb and it saved me $15 a month. When it was announced that vzw was discontinuing the unlimited data plan I switched back to it since I wanted to buy an iPhone and didn't want its functionality limited by my data plan. Bought the iPhone (I own every other i-whatever that Apple makes), used it for 4 days and sent it back. Hated that virtual keyboard, hated having to jump through hoops to get to Google Talk, hated several other things as well. Went back to my LG Ally and waited for something good to come out and now have the Droid 4 and love it.

There was a report on the news the other night about AT&T throttling users who went over a certain amount of data per day. Basically if they were in the top 5% of users they were throttled and people were having a hissy fit. The report stated that the company has now stopped doing that. Me thinks they may have been worried about getting in to trouble with regulatory bodies. Even so, I believe (and this is just my personal opinion) if you're paying for unlimited data you should get unlimited data but not be penalized because you use more than the next guy.

Vickie
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    The only way to stop throttling is through a class action lawsuit or appeal to the FTC and hope they would listen to us.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I hope Verizon throttles my data. That is a direct violation of my contract and I'll break it immediately. I'll either get new phones or maybe even leave all together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Did you read your contract or use policies?

They can throttle you whenever, wherever, for whatever reason. You're just licensing a chunk of what they have to offer.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm running ICS Gummy on the VZW Razr Maxx and when I go to com.android.providers.settings/settings.db/secure with SQLite Editor, I don't have throttle_polling_sec or throttle_value_kbitsps, only throttle_reset_day. I've checked every single line and even backed out and went into android_metadata, bluetooth_devices, bookmarks, sqlite_sequence, and system. Any suggestions?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    They don't throttle 4g devices
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    did everything you said now im in a boot looop pls help