DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Sync with Outlook 2007 with my Motorola Droid 4

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Sync with Outlook 2007 with my Motorola Droid 4

I want to sync Outlook 2007 (Windows 7 machine) Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes (but NOT Mail) with my new Droid 4. I have a POP3 mail account with my Internet Service Provider, and I want to keep it. I don't want to convert to Gmail.

I have stand-alone Outlook, and do not have the services of an Exchange Server.

Verizon tech support suggested I use the Google App Synch application ($50/year ... but that is not an issue), but I'm open to other suggestions.

Any ideas?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    You could try some of the applications mentioned here How To: Sync Android With Microsoft Outlook | PCMag.comunambol sounds like it might be a decent free option, though I'm not sure if it syncs Outlook tasks. Otherwise, the Missing Sync looks like it could be what you're looking for as well. Not free though.
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    perhaps you can give "local sync" a try (yeah, that's the program's name)...

Local Sync - Simple Apps
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.simple&hl=en

i paid 40 for mark/space missing sync, and this free utility does way better than it.

seriously, give it a try, the setup maybe somewhat confusing and the interface ugly, but it does the REAL job very well.
    Last edited by whotheheck; 07-04-2012 at 01:55 AM.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I use Google Calendar sync. It syncs everything you want without email. You can see all of your computer information on your phone through gmail calendar. You can set it up so it flows 2 way or just one way: either from your phone to your computer or from your computer to your phone. It also syncs contacts between gmail and Outlook. It does not sync email. It even works on my my work computer and that is saying something as my work computer is TIGHTLY controlled by my company. Here is some info that has the download link: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    677 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    Here is another good link to check out possible options... Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

I have used gSyncIt since my D1 and it has been flawless for me but it may not be what you are looking for...good luck with your search!
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.757 View Post
    I use Google Calendar sync. It syncs everything you want without email. You can see all of your computer information on your phone through gmail calendar. You can set it up so it flows 2 way or just one way: either from your phone to your computer or from your computer to your phone. It also syncs contacts between gmail and Outlook. It does not sync email. It even works on my my work computer and that is saying something as my work computer is TIGHTLY controlled by my company. Here is some info that has the download link: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    It doesn't appear that it syncs contacts. Is there a configuration option that enables this? Otherwise, it seems that only the calander is sync'd.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Myphoneexplorer

Quote Originally Posted by Websquad View Post
    I want to sync Outlook 2007 (Windows 7 machine) Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes (but NOT Mail) with my new Droid 4. I have a POP3 mail account with my Internet Service Provider, and I want to keep it. I don't want to convert to Gmail.

I have stand-alone Outlook, and do not have the services of an Exchange Server.

Verizon tech support suggested I use the Google App Synch application ($50/year ... but that is not an issue), but I'm open to other suggestions.

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem using windows mobile 6.5 for a while and Droid 4 being my first android phone. After a lot of searches, Myphoneexplorer seems to be the closest thing that does not charge an arm and a leg.

If the other apps for synching outlook had free versions for testing, would have been cool. But this is what I have been using. Hope it helps.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Thumbs up Thanks for the info!

Thanks for sharing the info.
    Myphoneexplorer is worked great.
    Newer Droid X replacing an old win 6.5 phone. Worked great syncing contacts, calendar, and tasks from outlook
    to the new droid platform.

Works on 2 different computers & phone without problem!!http://cdn.droidblog.net/forum/image...ncingnexus.gif

Links