DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery Life

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Battery Life

Is anyone else as impressed by the battery life as I am?

I managed to make about 21 hours yesterday/last night with normal use, and a half hour of video viewing. So far today at work I've used 20% of the battery by now (bit past 11:30am), and I took it off the charger at around 7:30am fully charged. My D1 used more power than that, but it was overclocked to 1.1GHz.

One comment about battery usage... WiFi is using a huge amount of power for some reason. Display has used about 26% and WiFi has used 21% so far. I know that % is of the 20% I've used overall so far, but that seems really high for WiFi usage. I've been sending texts/emails and a little bit of web browsing/gaming and I would have thought that the display usage % would be much higher. It seems to me that my weak4G signal uses less power since most of the time it's in 3G anyway.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    yeah, WiFi is a HUGE battery drain. If you keep it off, the battery will last MUCH longer.

I am def quite impressed with the battery. With all the playing around that I have done on the phone, I am surprised that it hasn't drained faster. So far so good!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I wonder why the WiFi is using such a high amount of battery? It never used more than 10% on my D1 and I only ever used the WiFi at home or work.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    Sparkimus
    Phone
    Moto Droid RAZR MAXX
    Maybe wifi is using a large percentage because everything else is more power efficient?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The battery life I'm currently experiencing is a disappointment compared to my Nexus One. 5 hours of medium usage and its currently sitting around 50% battery life. My brightness settings is currently the lowest.. any ideas? Part of me thinks its because I played with it until battery depletion without charging on the first day..
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID 4
    I'm rather displeased with the battery life, it hasn't lasted long at all. I've had to set up different profiles to kill things, processes, apps, etc.

Anyone have any apps/secrets to sustaining battery life? Aside from the bloat apps, I love this phone

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
    Semper Paratus
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    The battery life I'm currently experiencing is a disappointment compared to my Nexus One. 5 hours of medium usage and its currently sitting around 50% battery life. My brightness settings is currently the lowest.. any ideas? Part of me thinks its because I played with it until battery depletion without charging on the first day..
    i did the same thing first day ezeddie, toyed with it first day out of the box till the battery was dead without charging it first. now i'm BARELY getting 7 hours from it, but i believe that was due to 3cx mobile device manager literally eating through the battery. battery use right now reports 6h50minutes on battery @ 20% with ~60 minutes voice, a couple of texts, light browsing, and 3 hours ago logging out of 3cx.

i'm also using the profiles feature of android overclock to downclock the cpu to 300/300 when the screen is off.

i'm in the process of draining the battery so i can report back on battery life after its received a full charge again...if its less than 10 hours with light to moderate useage, its back to vzw it goes.
    Last edited by diablo85; 02-13-2012 at 01:54 PM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Let us know how it goes Diablo.. might have to do the same on mine.. would they do replacements just because of poor battery life?

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarSkater View Post
    Anyone have any apps/secrets to sustaining battery life? Aside from the bloat apps, I love this phone

Here's a post with tips on battery life for the Droid 4.

New phones and batteries

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I charged mine to 90% this morning, it's been off charge for 10 hours 45 minutes, I'm at 50% remaining right now, and I've probably sent 40-50 texts, downloaded a couple apps, used apps that require data for about an hour total, and made one short phone call. I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my battery.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Links