DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery Life

1. Darth Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Android 2.1
    My battery life works for about 6 hours then dies.

-AqworldThunder ^^ . *.* Thank me if i helped please!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    You're doing something wrong. Or.. were you talking on the phone for like 3 hours.. or playing an intense game for a long time? Do you have wifi on? Others on this board say differently, but in my opinion, wifi seems to drain the battery really quickly.

I'm at 7hours and 40 minutes and its 50% depleted.

Go to your battery settings. What is draining your battery the most?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by fingaz View Post
    What do you need to have backed up? If you contacts are google contacts, they are backed up, your pictures should be on your SD card and your apps will simply just re-download the next time you to into the market on your new phone.

Furthermore, if you have a launcher like ADW or GoLauncher, they can save your configurations and you can restore them at a later date.
    Like my apps and settings stuff like that. Titanium Backup did everything but it requires a root :/

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    You're doing something wrong. Or.. were you talking on the phone for like 3 hours.. or playing an intense game for a long time? Do you have wifi on? Others on this board say differently, but in my opinion, wifi seems to drain the battery really quickly.

I'm at 7hours and 40 minutes and its 50% depleted.

Go to your battery settings. What is draining your battery the most?
    Well as I stated also earlier in the thread, the other day I only made it 6 and a half hours only texting, using ubersocial, wordfeud and a few minutes of voice calls. Unacceptable battery performance if you ask me. 6 and a half hours should be for video watching and constant browsing. Not what I have been doing.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    so, has there been any concrete data to say that Wifi is less of a drain on the battery compared to 4g? I haven't turned on Wifi once and continuously get at least 12 hours on one charge.

Currently, the phone has been off charge for 3.5 hours and is down to 80%... Therefore, theoretically, the battery should last for 17.5 hours.

Furthermore, it says the display accounted for 52% of my usage, Voice calls 27%, Android OS 10%, and the rest is real low. With that said, I think ill turn my brightness down a bit to see if I can get more out of the battery.
    Give this a read. http://androidforums.com/verizon-gal...ver-3g-4g.html
    In regards to display being so high think about the fact that if you are using your phone you are usually using your display. Only time i can think of otherwise is when you are talking on your phone and your screen blacks out bcuz of the proximity sensors. Also take into account that its 'out of 100 percent'. So even if you keep your. brightness all the way down it still is going to show that it is using a higher percentage than anything else that may be running

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2 ; Moto XOOM
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
    I've managed to make it two days so far with light usage and just now hit 10% left. I'm more than happy enough with the battery life. I'm still confused as to why WiFi is using such a high amount of battery. Oh well.
    Same here. Battery life for me is great.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Stock
    MOTO XOOM
    Stock
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    WIFI can be a high percentage if it spends lots of time looking for a connection. If like me you are away from your wireless most of the day, then turning off WIFI is a good idea.

If thats not the answer then I'd have to suspect an error somewhere.
  8. Darth Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Android 2.1
    Don't forget about music, it kills your battery Wifi,Apps and music kills your battery. Texting isn't much of a battery killer it can last longer when texting.

-AqworldThunder ^^ . *.* Thank me if i helped please!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post
    WIFI can be a high percentage if it spends lots of time looking for a connection. If like me you are away from your wireless most of the day, then turning off WIFI is a good idea.

If thats not the answer then I'd have to suspect an error somewhere.
    I've always left WIFI toggled on 24x7 with my Droid and now Droid 3. However, I have WIFI sleep policy set to turn off when the screen is off. This can be set by going to WIFI settings and then pressing menu to go to advanced options.

I don't know about the Droid 4, but the default has always been turn off when screen is off. Unfortunately, when you launch that darn DLNA bloatware app it pops up a somewhat cryptic dialog box. If you press OK, it turns your WIFI sleep policy to Never. This amounts to a bug as far as I'm concerned. I think most users would be happier with the default setting--off when screen is off.

By the way, I also leave GPS toggled on 24x7. It only gets used when an app/widget needs it and I stay away from apps that use it in the background.
    Do you like uninstallable bloatware?
    It takes about 5 minutes to complain and it's kinda fun. Let's not be complacent!
    Contact Verizon (anonymous w/ fake name if you like)
    Chat/Email/Call Motorola (anonymous if you like)
    Vote for Google issue requires Google login. Just "star" it to vote.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley25 View Post
    Well as I stated also earlier in the thread, the other day I only made it 6 and a half hours only texting, using ubersocial, wordfeud and a few minutes of voice calls. Unacceptable battery performance if you ask me. 6 and a half hours should be for video watching and constant browsing. Not what I have been doing.
    I agree. I think you have a bad battery.

For comparison, my phone has been on battery for 14 and a half hours, with moderate use of both 4G and WiFi, and I still have 30% charge left.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links