DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: i gotta say the screen is awful

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The colors looked a bit washed out to me. I definitely noticed that words getting weird when scrolling, but hoping that could be take care of with a custom rom. The colors would still be a problem though. Basically I need to figure out if I can type on a touchscreen or not and Im not sure I can.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Holyyy crap.. Some of these guys who compared the Maxx screen vs Droid 4 must be making up ****. I did a side by side comparison between the Droid 4 and Maxx I can see both battery icon are pixelized or blurred. Even the specs backs this up since they BOTH use PENTILE displays. Rezound won't have this problem since its a 720P HD non-Pentile screen. And yes the screen does look a bit off, especially the color. It is brighter compared to my Nexus One's AMOLED. The reason for the washed out colors on the Droid 4 is probably because its using LCD technology while the Razr and Maxx uses AMOLED. I ended up picking up the Droid 4, I gotta say the keyboard weighs more than the quality of the screen. It was a bit of a disappointment to be honest but I didn't have any other choice since this is the best qwerty android out there right now..
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmile View Post
    My only problem with the screen is that maybe it could have been a tad bit bigger if M would lessen the bezel width. If they stretched it flush to the edge it may have been...
    That's an issue I have had with every cell phone and netbook (and smaller) manufacturer. They all could easily add a lot of screen real estate without changing other dimensions of the devices if they wanted to.

A four inch screen isn't impressive; "travel" computers from the 80s had a four inch screen. A four inch screen on a 4.05 inch body is impressive.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmile View Post
    I love this ****ing phone.

My only problem with the screen is that maybe it could have been a tad bit bigger if M would lessen the bezel width. If they stretched it flush to the edge it may have been a 4.3 without increasing the physical width of the phone.

But I'm loving it, not one complaint yet other than having a weird software issue with the pattern screen lock.
    I actually like having a little on the side that isn't screen. Who knows what app I would be opening or messing up if it wasn't there.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    this blurb from Slashgear (http://www.slashgear.com/motorola-dr...view-10212961/)

"The display here is a massive 540 x 960 pixels on 4-inches of space, putting this device at 275 pixels per inch. That’s quite impressive when it comes down to it, it being not quite as rich with pixels as the Galaxy Nexus (at 316 ppi) but certainly ready to contend with the DROID RAZR whose same resolution sits on a slightly larger display, putting it at just 256 ppi. At this close range you wont notice the difference unless you’re holding these devices up next to one another, but the difference is there."

--

ETA: I watched a video from Netflix to try out a full movie. It worked great. I liked the larger screen then my D1 and it was a nice viewing experience. I do need to get me an HDMI cable, because I would prefer it on my 24" TV. But I can watch movies on there if I needed or wanted to.
    Last edited by debdroid1a; 02-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links