When new phones come out folks generally start out unhappy with their battery. Here are a few tips to make you happier with your new D4.
1. The phone will arrive with the battery partially charged. Charging it to full before first use is recommended. When you start your phone it will record the battery level as if it were fully charged so starting it without a full charge may not allow it to know what full is.
2. The phone profiles the battery to give you better expectations of its level. This generally takes about a week. Until its complete, you will not get good battery life.
3. You can leave your phone in the charger overnight. Its circuitry will not allow an overcharge.
4. The kinds and numbers of apps you load can have a big impact on battery life. I like to run bone-stock for a couple weeks to see how it performs before adding apps so I know the difference.
5. The apps that come with your phone may not be the most efficient to use (if they were, nobody would have to pay to have them preloaded).
6. If you're comming from a legacy phone (Pre Droid 3 or perhaps even Pre RAZR) you may be unfamiliar with some of the changes to the Apps that are preloaded and the settings that can affect battery life. You might want to poke around in the RAZR forums to see what they did to get better battery life.