DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The official "I got it" thread

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    i got mine last night. so far very happy. just bestbuy is hella slow and someone cut me off in line and got helped about 20 mins before i got to be helped and i still got out of there before him and his precious iphone 4s. but i like the phnoe so far. the status bar and fonts are a bit small but that is it
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Phone
    Droid 4/ Bionic/ RAZR/ Droid
    i just got mine yesterday verizon replaced my bionic that i bought back on September 22 with the droid 4 an i am loving it
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 4
    I received my D4 a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with my choice. I had the original Droid (until it went for a swim in the ocean), then the DX for about a year and a half, and now the D4. The camera shutter is stuck closed on my DX, hence I upgraded, otherwise it still works fine. That said, the D4 is noticeably faster than my DX, as it should be, even in our 3G area. When I travel to 4G I notice the faster speed loading pages, and look forward to using it in 4G areas. I do like the slide out keyboard very much, and the backlit feature is very cool. I hesitated about this added bulk, but it is worth it. The keyboard feels good and solid under the fingers. The phone is a tad hefty, but again, I got the features I wanted and don't mind this. I like having this power-packed device for personal and business use. I purchased the car dock and enjoy this feature also, although it limits function automatically. I like the added security features and have enabled encryption. Not sure exactly how this will affect video, since decreased funtion is mentioned during activation, and would like to read more detail on the encryption features, but have not found this information anywhere, not on motorola website or other. Battery life is fine, honestly, if you do a lot on any phone you are going to eat up battery. On a couple of days of particularly heavy use, my battery went low and I had to charge before the day was up. I keep a charger in my car and a spare at the office, if I need it. The camera and video are great, I use the HDMI cable and it's awesome to view my videos and pictures and use mirror mode on our flatscreen HD TV. On the phone, the display is crisp and colorful. I am very happy with my purchase!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I got mine a little over a week ago and I'm glad I upgraded. I will say that any phone I get from now on will have to have a physical keyboard it's way easier to use than the virtual one. I'm coming from a Droid Eris and while I don't have 4G in my area, 3G with the dual core 1.2 Ghz is blazing speed compared to what I was getting on my Eris. My phone is more for productivity so I may watch an occasional YouTube video but I won't be using it for watching movies. One feature I like is the Smart Actions app but dislike the fact you have to turn on wifi to use the location settings. We don't use wifi where I work and the surrounding area is sketchy at best. My battery life so far is great. Since I don't stream music and video, but I do use Dropbox and Evernote, my battery will last all day without a problem although I did buy a portable charger just in case. The phone is definately bigger than my Eris but I've gotten used to that and I'm very happy with it.
    I know the voices aren't real, but they sure have have some damn good ideas.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by norskejan View Post
    I purchased the car dock and enjoy this feature also, although it limits function automatically.
    Are you referring to the Car Home app that pops up? Because you can exit that if you press the Menu button, or you can freeze it with Titanium Backup if you are rooted so it won't pop up at all.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Got mine last weekend. Walked in the verizon store, asked where it was, handled it for a second then went to the counter to do the deal. Ended up paying 65 bucks for my upgrade!! 50$ off for loyalty, then 100$ for 4g upgrade!! Stoked!!

So far it has been a great phone, battery life kind sucks if I use 4g constantly, but it is screaming fast. Upgraded from a rooted/rommed droid 1 and couldnt be happier!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Proclaim
    Received my D4 this past week, and am still learning my way around a few things. Just need to get comfortable with it. 4G is impressive... Downloading a book from Audible took a third of the time it did before. The Facebook app seems to bog down at times. The phone seems solid and easy to use, I just need to wear it in like a comfortable pair of jeans. It will take time, but it is nice when you don't have to think about where you need to go on the phone, and it is just automatic. I am wondering how the phone will do as I move from a 4G area to a 3G area, I drive through quite a few places where this will happen.

There are a lot of pre-loaded apps that I will never use, and I am guessing I won't be able to delete most of them. I like a phone with a physical keyboard and this one is very easy to use, larger easy to see qwerty keyboard. Coming from the Droid Pro's very compacted keyboard the D4 quite a bit larger, and being lit up is a plus.

Lynn
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 (Rooted)
    Root and debloat!!! With that said, it's a great phone.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Rooted - YEAH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by demarco5 View Post
    the my gallery app is terrible shows some dumb collage when you start the app...i tried downloading 3d gallery to replace it but that shows pictures sorted with the oldest first instead of newest which is very annoying. anyone know of a fix?
    I agree about the stock gallery. I downloaded QuickPic and it's much better. Had it on my Droid 3. Give it a shot.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Rooted - YEAH!!

Got mine yesterday... Wasn't planning on it tho...

I went to my local Verizon store yesterday to get another Body Glove case for my Droid 3 because the part that goes around the screen portion of the phone was getting weak and kept popping off. Luckily I was able to find it right away. They didn't have any, but they said they could maybe find one online and mail it to me.

I asked if they had the Droid 4 and they said yes. I just wanted to look at it, knowing my contract was less than one year old on my Droid 3, so any hopes of upgrading right there was gone. I did ask what they could do for me, just being curious.

WELL!!.... They said there was a promotion on the Droid 4, and they'd let me purchase one, letting me out of my current contract. AND.. They offered $100 off of the upgrade charge. I got the phone for $100! Not bad... not bad at all!!

Got it home, and within an hour, I had it rooted and used Titanium Backup to restore my apps from my Droid 3. This new phone is fast! Love the speed when moving between desktop screens, and just the phone itself.

The video camera's results are better than the Droid 3 in that the picture doesn't have that blue cast that the Droid 3's camera had. AND.... It records in STEREO! Look at each short edge of the phone and you'll see a small pinhole on each edge. Those are the Left and Right microphones.

Happy? Of couse I am!

Now I need an upgraded ADK setup to at least take screen shots of my desktop screens.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Links