DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Locked bootloader AND a non removable battery?

Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere

Locked bootloader AND a non removable battery?

Who else is disappointed by this? I was all excited about this phone but these were the last two nails in the coffin. I'm just going to get the Samsung Stratosphere. I don't even care that it's slower than my Droid 3, I'm done with Motorola and I have to have a decent phone with a QWERTY keyboard.
    Nokia Shorty -> Razr -> Palm Centro -> Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Droid -> Droid 2 -> Thunderbolt -> Droid 2 -> Droid 3 -> Samsung Stratosphere
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    It's a known fact that the Droid 4 would have a nonremovable battery. Also it shouldn't come as a surprise that the bootloader is locked. The OG Droid and the Xoom are the only exceptions here in the US.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Wine some more it isn't that bad all motos phones have roms with locked bootloaders.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    yeah really....why do people start these threads it is in every thread thankyou for your input we all know that it is locked and that there is a nonremovable batter. Iphone has one and i dont here them crying all the time (i have several friends with them)... besides it is not completely non removable just annoying to change, and you can buy external cells that are the size of a deck of cards that can run ur cell phone for a very long time. Besides free tethering and a bit of theming (which you can do in ics) there isnt much purpose in rooting and roms. I am not saying i wont do it, but the gains of the past were much greater being able to overclock and fix some of the huge short commings and flaws of the earlier Android operating system most of these issues have been elimnated though with ics. BTW good luck getting some support for the stratosphere i highly doubt that it has a huge following and surely no custom kernels and the bootloader is also locked. But if it is what you want enjoy
    motorola t605 install

proud motorola droid owner, droid 2 global owner, droid 4 owner
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by tdpolo26 View Post
    yeah really....why do people start these threads it is in every thread thankyou for your input we all know that it is locked and that there is a nonremovable batter. Iphone has one and i dont here them crying all the time (i have several friends with them)... besides it is not completely non removable just annoying to change, and you can buy external cells that are the size of a deck of cards that can run ur cell phone for a very long time. Besides free tethering and a bit of theming (which you can do in ics) there isnt much purpose in rooting and roms. I am not saying i wont do it, but the gains of the past were much greater being able to overclock and fix some of the huge short commings and flaws of the earlier Android operating system most of these issues have been elimnated though with ics. BTW good luck getting some support for the stratosphere i highly doubt that it has a huge following and surely no custom kernels and the bootloader is also locked. But if it is what you want enjoy
    Took the words out of my mouth.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    Wow, sure is fanboy in here.
    Nokia Shorty -> Razr -> Palm Centro -> Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Droid -> Droid 2 -> Thunderbolt -> Droid 2 -> Droid 3 -> Samsung Stratosphere
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    It's a known fact that the Droid 4 would have a nonremovable battery. Also it shouldn't come as a surprise that the bootloader is locked. The OG Droid and the Xoom are the only exceptions here in the US.
    It is now a known fact that the battery is not removable, you're saying that like it was known from the start. The bootloader is not a surprise, just a disappointment.
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    Quote Originally Posted by destin246 View Post
    Wine some more it isn't that bad all motos phones have roms with locked bootloaders.
    How is it not bad? Seriously, explain it to me.
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    Quote Originally Posted by tdpolo26 View Post
    What? Who said ANYTHING about the iPhone? The Stratosphere does not have a locked bootloader and there are full custom ROMs for it already, check Rootzwiki if you don't believe me. Have you seen ICS on a locked down Motorola phone? Are you OK with having Motorola deciding when your phone can no longer receive full updates (probably shortly after the Droid 5 comes out in 6 months)? If so, why?

So far every response to this post has been ignorant and/or irrational, it reminds me of seeing iPhone fanboy posts.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsMyName View Post
    Wow, sure is fanboy in here.
    +1 yes, I share your disappointment.

At least you didn't have to pay a shilling for their thoughts. ;-o

It amazes me that the obvious and grand stupidity of using a more expensive, fragile, and dangerous battery-in-a-plastic-bag for zero-zip-zilch performance or price advantage to the user *except* a skinnier more "RAZR"-like phone AND then calling the added bulk, weight, bother, and expense of an add-on portable charger a "solution" could be lost on these types. Hell, how could anyone not see it?

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 01-28-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

Perspective Instantiates Reality .

~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links