DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid4 Maxx?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoshabrew View Post
    So if you think they saw the huge battery drain on the RAZR MAXX, what makes you think they didn't see the same thing with the D4 and start working on a D4 MAXX right away? I put my bet on them coming out with one. Yes, a few months down the line. I will be getting the D4 on release date as well and using a portable battery to charge it when needed. I am spoiled with 4 batteries with my D2G. Motorola pumps out phones quick. Look at how fast the D2G came out after the D2? There is no reason to believe they are not working on a Maxx. I'm not waiting though for a major reason; I am worried VZ will stop grandfathering in unlimited data. This way I'll keep my unlimited data on a 4G phone for at least another 2 years.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Are you sure they are still grandfathering unlimited? I tried to upgrade on the website today and it was going force me to pick a tiered plan.
    DROID4: Rooted and OC Hacked
    DROID : SimplyStunning 5.6 1.2 Ghz ULV Kernel
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Unit View Post
    Are you sure they are still grandfathering unlimited? I tried to upgrade on the website today and it was going force me to pick a tiered plan.
    Yes. I can confirm this. I just got the D4 and made absolutely sure. He printed a receipt and highlighted it for me.
    Maybe you have to go in the store to do it. But I definitely reupped with unlimited. Btw, this thing is SICKINGLY fast!
    -
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    might be having problems with the gps though...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Brigade, Droid 4

*Question that is mostly unrelated to the Droid 4, but more a Verizon question. Say like this weekend I have plans that require more then typical battery usage and the D4 dies. Can I power up my Droid 2 Global and still use that thing? From my understanding I might have to call Verizon and reactivate the D2G and then RE-reactivate the D4... is that correct? If that's true...then CDMA is kind of a pain... as a GSM phone you can just swap the sim. Though I still think CDMA is a better technology overall it certainly seems to have downsides... My fear here is I have a hip replacement and a lot of other metal in my leg. There are times when walking becomes difficult. I'm sure I can still use it for 911 calls but I'm thinking more on the line of me using the phone for non-emergency, like calling a friend to pick me up if my leg starts hurting to much from walking.
    Yes you have to *228 it to reactivate.
    "It was the multi-coloured presentation that drew me in."
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4
    Yes. I can confirm this. I just got the D4 and made absolutely sure. He printed a receipt and highlighted it for me.
    Maybe you have to go in the store to do it. But I definitely reupped with unlimited. Btw, this thing is SICKINGLY fast!
    -
    Yea, went in today, didnt even have to ask, automaticly grandfathered me in. I was stoked.

Loving the phone, rooting as we speak.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    There will not be d4 maxx. What there will be is an extended battery with replacement cover.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Globel
    The D4, like the RAZR does have a replaceable battery. The cover is only supposed to come off so you can add the wireless charging cover.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    There will not be d4 maxx. What there will be is an extended battery with replacement cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post
    The D4, like the RAZR does have a replaceable battery. The cover is only supposed to come off so you can add the wireless charging cover.

I saw the 4 contacts on the back and see a similar scenario. Probably both wireless charging and/or an extended battery that will take the place of the back door.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    I saw the 4 contacts on the back and see a similar scenario. Probably both wireless charging and/or an extended battery that will take the place of the back door.
    Well let's hope that either there is an extended battery or a maxx version. I'm going to wait it out to see what verizon and motorola come up with

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post

Have you had both of them in your hand? Doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about. Droid 4, unlike razr has a regular 1750mah replaceable battery like every other moto Droid prior to razr. Razr batteries aren't supposed to be removed by consumer, Droid 4 are.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links