DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I a have Waited for the Droid 4, Or was getting the Stratosphere worrth IT

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD

Should I a have Waited for the Droid 4, Or was getting the Stratosphere worrth IT

I had the droid 2 and got the Stratosphere as I wanted a VZW 4G slider so I could browse the web while on the phone at fast speeds (Think Iphone on ATT but with 4G speeds) and that was is the only option avail so far.
    I have been waiting for the droid 4 to test in in the VZW store to see if it will be better than the stratosphere which I have found that the one I got is either a lemon or Glitch (see my post inthe stratosphere Forum)

When is the Droid 4 going to be in the VZW phone stores for comparison?????? So I can find out if I sould swap my possible lemon or wait for samsung fix or buy a droid 4?????

Waiting is no Fun IT the age of the internet isn't everything supposed to be faster now (hehheh)

Oh well the wait goes on ... Stay Tooned
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    if you enjoy the phone then no it wasnt a waste i feel that if people enjoy the that they have then what is the point of constantly waiting. i think in about one year we will reach the pinnacle of the fast advancements will end here. i think phones will get fast enough where software is going to be the major push and advancement.
    motorola t605 install

proud motorola droid owner, droid 2 global owner, droid 4 owner
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    I personally would have waited for the D4 because of the dual core CPU, 1 GB RAM and 1080p video camera.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    in the end i agree with silverfang i would have waited a bit longer but if you couldnt hold out at least you could get 4g and a slider
    motorola t605 install

proud motorola droid owner, droid 2 global owner, droid 4 owner
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I work for an indirect verizon store and the rumor is the d4 "should" be released feb 2nd but who knows really since it's been pushed back so many times. I honestly think you should have waited. Sorry bro
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    is broken... Again
    Quote Originally Posted by tiakaye18 View Post
    I work for an indirect verizon store and the rumor is the d4 "should" be released feb 2nd but who knows really since it's been pushed back so many times. I honestly think you should have waited. Sorry bro
    Can you elaborate a little more? I don't mean to offend, but this just looks like another rumor date to me. Have you seen any ship dates or paperwork?

Sent from my Banana Phone
    If you need any help, feel free to PM me, I'm glad to help where I can!
    Please check out my FAQ Thread. You might learn something!
    Air Force bound
    I'm not that beautiful girl in the avatar, thats my GF, stop hitting on me!

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Can you elaborate a little more? I don't mean to offend, but this just looks like another rumor date to me. Have you seen any ship dates or paperwork?

Sent from my Banana Phone
    Well i DID say it was rumored to come out in early Feb. I'm assuming its going to be fairly soon as we've already started receiving phone cases for the D4.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    The stratosphere works pretty good but the sliding mechanism is kind of wierd for me. I can't explain it, my wife uses and it is pretty snappy. I was eligible to get it for cheap but I am holding out, patiently, for the D4. I make my phones last 2 years and I don't think the stratosphere could keep up that long for me.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Really depends on what you're wanting out of your phone. The stratosphere isn't a bad device but won't have the following /modding support that the d4 "may" have. I'm sure the bootloader will be locked on the d4 so until that gets figured out you'll be stuck with roms only much like the stratosphere but for some reason phones with the DROID name just get a better following.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr
    Had similar issue VZW offered me a deal on the razr as compensation
    It seems there are 2 known bugs . The one you descibe about the volume going from high to low and another Withe the reverse
    Imagine lowering your volume for a meeting and the next call volume is through the roof
    I had your issue and they are sending me a razr but not the max as its a known issue that has been reported to VZW
    but not by many people. I imagine it was a bad batch or a glich or something that is doing it
    But they told me they have submited the issue to Samsung and since they didn.t have a fix they sent me the older razr at reduced cost after a lo theng trouble shoting session over the last month.
    It just took me about 2 hours to register for this forum and post a reply from my strat since the razr Monday. I typed this all on the touchscreen of the strat for practice of having an all touchscreen phone. A friend of mine says get a blackbery as he lovds them or sugests I sell it on Ebay and get the razr max to someone who doesnt have an upgrade and and is ok with the razr. My wife thinks I would lose money doing it but he thinks might not be much. I hope I like the razr and I am now typying faster on the touchscreen after 2 hours of getting past the register screen without using the keyboard.My vote is the lg aly slides the easiest ans so dies my friend and I think the Droid 2 had the best keyboard as whst I have found is thst as the phones get taller and the keyboard gets wider that the keybosrds are harder to use.

Well I hear the Droid 4 rumor is Feb 2
    Bsttery low more later
    Last edited by sjay; 01-29-2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: typo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links