DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which device will you be leaving for the Droid 4?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Droid 1/2/3

104 66.24%
  • Droid Charge

0 0%
  • Droid Bionic

4 2.55%
  • Droid Inc/Inc 2

3 1.91%
  • Droid Razr

3 1.91%
  • Other (Let us know and I'll add it)

43 27.39%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Droid 2, running Liberty 3.0....

It appears as if the Droid 4 will be my next phone. I really wished it came pre-loaded with ICS, but hopefully there will be some custom ICS options on this forum.
    StrongSteve "Odexed Blue" Rom
    Nova Launcher Prime
    Titanium Backup Pro
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razor Maxx :)
    I'm ready to dump my iPhone and go back to a keyboard. I wish it had a removable battery and a 4.3 inch screen, but it's the right move for me. I'm glad I waited on getting the D3 for LTE.
    Regards,
    The Ether Man
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I have the D1, and got that on release day in 2009. I was pretty much set on the d4 until i saw it has a non removable battery. Now I'm leaning towards the razr maxx or the rezound.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid a855
    Using Og Droid.... Liquid 3.2, running @ 1.25Ghz..... Flashed to Cricket,F.U. Verizon!!!! Lol!!! Had it since day 2 of release. Got to say though, Nex.S2 is really tempting! Love my droid though.....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    I'm not ditching my Razr but im getting this for my lady friend :\
    Yeah... so what if I am a country boy? Ill take whine over beer.... but i prefer Jack or Jim id take either of them over the others... so what just cause i wear boots doesn't mean i don't listen to rock and metal... and yes i live on a farm and own a tractor bigger than my truck (: got a prob?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I got my bionic with the bestbuy buyback guarantee, so I'm going to use it... I get 350 when I trade the bionic, so I'll come up with the rest out of pocket to make up for it. which assuming a 700 price tag won't be that much more than I've payed before.

I love the bionic, but I love physical keyboards more, not to mention the bionic definitely went tits up after the nexus came out. roms haven't been updated in forever, blah blah... go figure can't wait for this to release, the 0.3" difference in the screen won't bother me enough to deter me, though I wish I knew why they went with a smaller screen.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw1519 View Post
    I have the D1, and got that on release day in 2009. I was pretty much set on the d4 until i saw it has a non removable battery. Now I'm leaning towards the razr maxx or the rezound.
    I don't think the Maxx has a removable battery. They extended the battery instead (thicker and longer lasting). Although if you talk a lot, then it's the right phone for you.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Twitter
    NeoPhoenixTE
    Phone
    Droid 4 (Maserati) - CM10.1.2
    Starting to think this poll needs to split up the option for Droid 1, 2, or 3.

I'd be coming from the Droid 2 myself. I personally only upgrade every other version, and my fit of jealousy at my friends who got the D3 is now long gone. Getting a slide-out keyboard with LTE will be awesome~!

Still have one of my "new every 2" discounts waiting, so I'll be putting that to work for me.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    I don't think the Maxx has a removable battery. They extended the battery instead (thicker and longer lasting). Although if you talk a lot, then it's the right phone for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dsw1519 View Post
    The only difference between the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX is the larger plastic bag in the battery compartment and the extra thickness (seems like a jerky shave to me) to allow for it.
    Since the battery doesn't come out, the only way to increase battery life is to make a whole new phone. Go figure.

Edit: Oh. DX atm, but really coming from my old VX9800 LG -- RIP. Great phone. Was all set to get a D4G til vzw (no, it wasn't Moto's idea) got stupid with the battery.

What I need is like what "Droid Does!' was: a cutting edge slide with all the pieces. The D4 is just cut up. Now, I'm hoping HTC makes a tier 1 unlocked slider with SD and a real battery (be great, too, if HTC could learn to HDMI).

But really, idk...

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 01-23-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

Perspective Instantiates Reality .

~
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I'm coming from a Droid 2. It's a good phone, and I've been very pleased with it in general, but the keyboard is mediocre. It's usable, unlike the terrible OG Droid keyboard, but the keys are too small and require too much pressure, and there's no dedicated number row. Also, I'm looking forward to much faster web surfing with LTE.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links