DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Official "Unimpressed/Skeptical " Thread

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Im a sad panda. I got this phone for the wife and I love every aspect of this phone exept the screen. It does ghost noticably and its faily pixelated. It kinda stinks. So far this is the phone for me come October when Im due. I love every else though. The keyboard is orgrasmic. Its also snappy as hell. It makes my D2 look like a turd performance wise.
    Droid 4 - Eclipsed
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by hellmonkey View Post
    Im a sad panda. I got this phone for the wife and I love every aspect of this phone exept the screen. It does ghost noticably and its faily pixelated. It kinda stinks. So far this is the phone for me come October when Im due. I love every else though. The keyboard is orgrasmic. Its also snappy as hell. It makes my D2 look like a turd performance wise.
    Everyone complains about the screen on this thing, but it looks awesome in the sun, and is more energy efficient. IMHO, well worth the hit in image quality (that I usually can't notice anyway).
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Voice quality when making calls is pretty bad because it always sounds like the person you're talking to is on speaker phone. It was a major downgrade when I went from Droid 1 to Droid 4. It's kinda disheartening. Everything else about the D4 makes me happy.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Touch Pro 2, iPhone 4S, Droid4
    The screen is both crappy and ghosty, as you pointed out, and yesterday I learned that it's easily scratchable too... don't know how to fix is now.
    And yes, I love everything else.
    Except lack of GSM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    T-Mobile Note 3
    I've been considering the D4 ever since VZW sent me that flyer with $100 off the 2yr contract price of an LTE phone even though I got a D3 back in September. The two things that have me hesitating are the battery life and the keyboard layout.

I've got the D3 with the extended battery. Right now, battery life on the D3 is what I'm looking for and I know I can't do what I do now with the D4 and sometimes charging in the middle of the day just isn't an option. I do need to charge my D3 once a day to give you an idea how much I use my phone. I just think it's absurd they put such a small battery in a phone that can eat through it pretty quickly. If they put the battery from the MAXX in there, this wouldn't be a concern for me. I enjoy not having to struggle with battery savings.

I use ConnectBot to SSH into servers quite a bit and the easy access to the `~<>[]{}|\ characters has been great. I appreciate that they're trying to make the D4 keyboard closer to a standard QWERTY keyboard, but they just missed the mark. Double hitting the shift key was sufficient in lieu of a dedicated CapsLock key and really I don't type in BILLY MAYS that often. Why they put the key for the apostrophe and quote on the left side is beyond me.

I'm still considering it since I'd like to stay grandfathered on my unlimited data. If they'd be willing to let me pay full price for a LTE phone and let me keep the unlimited data, I may just want to wait. I may consider the new data plans if it would cost me the same or less for my projected data usage, but I doubt that would be the case and probably a nice cash grab for their CFO.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID 3
    I have the extended battery on my D3 as well. It gets me about 16 hours of moderate use. I am hoping that the D4 will give me about the same performance with the use of smart actions. I do not live in a 4G area.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4 Global w/ ICS
    Droid 4 with GRB was great then came ICS came out and everything went to Hades. This was a downgrade. It almost made my phone worthless. No battery life, keyboard lite works backwards, everything is slow, and frankly it's a piece of crap. I seriously would fire the folks that were responsible for releasing this junk. You people should be fired and sent to Siberia.
    bsolo1980 likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4 Global w/ ICS
    A person shouldn't have to be an Android system expert to use and enjoy this phone. There's too much BS involved in getting maximum performance and battery life from Android. Social Networking should not be the driving force behind developing phones, not everyone wants to share everything about everything that they are doing. I should be able to simply turn off social networking crap and use my phone the way I want to not how some geek sitting in a black hole wants me to. Social networking is so yesterday already. I want to text, browse the net, take some pictures and I don't want the hole freaking world knowing what I'm doing on my phone, where I'm taking a dump, or who I'm sleeping with. I should be able to remove worthless Apps that I don't want. I shouldn't be worried that Google is spying on me constantly. Somehow the K.I.S.S. mentality was lost and we ended up with a high tech piece of garbage. ICS needs to go and yesterday would be too late.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links