DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Official "Unimpressed/Skeptical " Thread

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    My biggest concern is the bloatware. The amount that was on my Droid 2 wasn't too bad, but that phone was released in the summer of 2010 and Verizon has gotten downright ridiculous with it on most of the phones it has released since then.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 12-03-2011 at 11:50 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    My biggest concern is the bloatware. The amount that was on my Droid 2 wasn't too bad, but that phone was released in the summer of 2010 and Verizon has gotten downright ridiculous with it on most of the phones it has released since then.

In Verizon's defense, they did move to making some of the bloatware uninstallable, but point taken, it has grown to ridiculous proportions, specifically the V Cast apps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    And BTW, from the screenshots I've seen they've added even more bloatware than on the D3/Bionic/RAZR. It's one thing to want your customers to have the best possible experience, but it's another thing to unnecessarily dictate to your customer what have on their phone to get that experience by shoving it down their throats, hence like 98% (if not 100%)of their preinstalled apps can be found on Android Market.

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    The news of the Droid 4 kind of stung as it came as I was just getting used to the Droid 3. I think I might end up waiting to see if Motorola makes a phone that has a slide-out keyboard and an screen that has HD resolution. I don't think that Motorola will just let HTC (Rezound) and Google/Samsung (Galaxy Nexus) 1up them in the HD screen department like that.

It wouldn't surprise me if the summer release of a D5 were to have a 1.5g processor, the RAZRMAX housing and battery, with the 720p 4.5" display and the 13mp camera from the Chinese RAZR. Even quad cores and Jellybean(?)... nah.

Think I need a cheap used T-bolt to tide me over...

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 12-04-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

Perspective Instantiates Reality .

~
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    And BTW, from the screenshots I've seen they've added even more bloatware than on the D3/Bionic/RAZR. It's one thing to want your customers to have the best possible experience, but it's another thing to unnecessarily dictate to your customer what have on their phone to get that experience by shoving it down their throats, hence like 98% (if not 100%)of their preinstalled apps can be found on Android Market.

It's paid advertising - like a pop-up on a website that won't go away. Blockbuster bought that space on your phone. Can't see vzw doing that out of the goodness of its heart.

( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 12-04-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

Perspective Instantiates Reality .

~
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    This "paid advertising" from a bankrupt company smacks of desperation. But whatever. I'm thankful that there is a hacking community out there that has been able to find ways for us to get this junk off our phones.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    1. the screen not being super AMOLED
    2. no option for an extended battery (especially since the phone uses 4G)
    3. it doesn't do my laundry
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bishoy View Post
    1. the screen not being super AMOLED
    2. no option for an extended battery (especially since the phone uses 4G)
    3. it doesn't do my laundry
    The Droid 10 that should ship next February can do your laundry.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    You are right that that's how it's designed to work. But hardware controls need special features to delay a process, like a time-delay fuse is a special design. Normal hardware switches just cut the power: NOW, and let the chips fall where they may. The OS must be able to pick up the pieces on restart.
    So if it takes as much as a full second, at computer speeds, for the device to respond to the button press, then the button input is going back into the OS for processing. If the software is funky at that time... "unpredictable results".
    If the time delay is very short and always the same, and it shuts down hard like a PC, maybe that's in the switch... "10-15 seconds"? No way!

( By DX w/DF app. )
    This function actually would not have use the OS to function. This would more likely be a function of embedded software on an IC chip. I have worked in electronics for over 15 years and having a function wait for 15 cycles (seconds) before executing does not require interaction with an OS. Not trying to be arguementative, just a little FYI. Don't get me wrong, this function would still be software controlled and could possibly fail, but it would not have anything to do with what is happening with the OS.

Side notes:
    1. I'm more skeptical about the battery lasting as long as required on any given day due to the 1st gen 4G chip in the phone.
    2. I'm not impressed with Moto's screen choice.
    3. Most importantly, as much as I generally love Moto's hardware, I just won't be buying another bloated phone with a locked bootloader. Come on Moto, set the Droid free!

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the summer release of a D5 were to have a 1.5g processor, the RAZRMAX housing and battery, with the 720p 4.5" display and the 13mp camera from the Chinese RAZR. Even quad cores and Jellybean(?)... nah.

Think I need a cheap used T-bolt to tide me over...

( By DX w/DF app. )
    Actually, that's what I'm waiting on/hoping for...kinda/sorta. With the RAZRMAX in development with it's HD screen, I'd be a fool to buy the Droid 4 and get burned by the Droid 5/RAZRMAX variant with a slide-out keyboard after being burned with the Droid 4 releasing just a couple of months after the Droid 3. Specifically, I'll most likely wait to see if Motorola makes a phone that has the standard 1 GB of RAM, HD display, LTE, dual-core or quad-core processor, and slide-out QWERTY goodness.

Last edited by akhi216; 12-05-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links