DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Droid 4 Specs?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
    I just realized...the Droid 4 is going to be heavy:

D1: 169g
    D2G: 173g
    D4: 179g

Damn it will be lol, as I'm holding my D1 right now I thank its heavy. Why so much more weight when they are making it with a non removable battery. Don't make sense to me so they should go ahead and put a removable one in it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Leaked Droid 4 Specs

From the NEWS section. Pics and specs.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    Damn it will be lol, as I'm holding my D1 right now I thank its heavy. Why so much more weight when they are making it with a non removable battery. Don't make sense to me so they should go ahead and put a removable one in it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Well they haven't said it's non-removable. And if you look at Leaked Droid 4 Specs shows a "key" to open the back cover. Which may get to a removable battery. Or maybe just to get to the SD an SIM card.
    If there is a non-removable battery, wouldn't it have been easier to put the SIM and SD card on the side with a cover over it? That's how my old Env2 worked the SD card. Never a problem to get to or just leave as is, since it didn't poke out and you couldn't get to it unless you slide off the cover of the SD slot (the cover was attached to the phone so it was never lost either).

But yes, it's going to be more heavy. I agree the D1 is heavy. Anytime I pick up anyone elses phone, I can't believe how light their phone is.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    Well they haven't said it's non-removable. And if you look at Leaked Droid 4 Specs shows a "key" to open the back cover. Which may get to a removable battery. Or maybe just to get to the SD an SIM card.
    If there is a non-removable battery, wouldn't it have been easier to put the SIM and SD card on the side with a cover over it? That's how my old Env2 worked the SD card. Never a problem to get to or just leave as is, since it didn't poke out and you couldn't get to it unless you slide off the cover of the SD slot (the cover was attached to the phone so it was never lost either).

But yes, it's going to be more heavy. I agree the D1 is heavy. Anytime I pick up anyone elses phone, I can't believe how light their phone is.
    It's been confirmed multiple times to have non-removable battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    It's been confirmed multiple times to have non-removable battery.

Link? Source?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Link? Source?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums
    Look at the last bit of this article on Droid Life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/25...rd-and-4g-lte/

...don't tell me that you don't consider Droid Life a reliable source. Droid Life has been on point with information in the past. I don't see why they would change now.

Look at the list of specs on this article at Android Central:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...be-coming-soon

...Android Central has this article based on one from Droid Life. They have been on point with information in the past. I don't see why they would change now.

A guy on this thread had hands on experience with the Droid 4. He spake on the coming of the Droid 4, speculated that it would be here by the end of the year, and said that it will in fact have a non-removable battery numerous times in this thread before anyone said anything about the Maserati (as it was called) or had pictures of it:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Release-Thread

...notice that the thread started in September and one had pics or mentioned the Droid 4 until October. The guy has been on point with information in the past, I don't see why he would stop now.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Also, if the Droid 4 is touted as a Droid RAZR with a keyboard and the Droid RAZR doesn't have a removable battery, then why would the Droid 4 have a removable battery?

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Thanks for the links, but I found this in the Howard forums link you supplied...
    Full Motorola DROID 4 specs leaked | Android Community

this says that "The battery gets a boost to 1785mAh, and (YES!) you can replace it yourself,"
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the links, but I found this in the Howard forums link you supplied...

this says that "The battery gets a boost to 1785mAh, and (YES!) you can replace it yourself,"
    Without going into your link and reading into the context of your quote or how they put it, I will say that I'm pretty sure you can replace the even Razr battery yourself as well (even thought it is a "non-removable battery").... it just isn't made for the average consumer to be able to do so. I replaced the screen on my D1 myself when it stopped working, that doesn't mean that the D1 has a "removable screen."
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3

Ok, note that the source of the article on Android Community comes from Droid Life; if you click on the link to the source (Droid Life), you can see Droid Life reporting that it had a non-removable battery. You can check for sites reporting about the Droid 4 all over the internet that have pics of the Droid 4 and all of them will point to Droid Life as the source and report a non-removable battery. Android Community only gets information from reputable websites and spins it off their way; I wouldn't trust them without cross-referencing their information with more reputable websites. I'd wager that they have no insider information whatsoever other than what they see on other websites hence their always having a source (another website). They obviously erred claiming that the Droid 4 has a removable battery when the link the the source of the information (Droid Life) says that it does. Anyway, they didn't report any hands-on time with the device thus they were pretty much talking out of their anus.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links