DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Welcome to the Droid 4 Forum!

  1. Master Droid
    akhi216's Avatar
    Member #
    160010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwhitehead View Post
    I really just can't understand why people like a physical keyboard, it may just be me but I just don't see the purpose of a touch screen if physical is used.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...sical-keyboard

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    akhi216's Avatar
    Member #
    160010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpolice View Post
    I do not disagree with your point of view, however the Droid industry is a fast-moving product because of the different vendor that this industry carries (it's not a bad thing because we have a lot options). The only issue that I am seeing, is the fact that I am buying a new phone today and there is a new version of my phone tomorrow.



    Sent from my AK47 Droid X using Tapatalk
    It's not just that but it's the fact that buy the time you buy that new phone it's vaporware as they have something better in production.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    TC_Mits's Avatar
    Member #
    195555
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    207
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Nexus on black Friday. D4 mid-Dec.

    Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Happy turkey day to all!

    Update: At one point stores were told to prepare for a Nexus release tomorrow. Then vzw changed its mind. I am actually pleased because that could mean people are 'not buying' the idea of a hardwired battery. Akhi216's you-tube 'vzw boardroom' cartoon may be very true indeed. But, for me, it's still not true enough because, if the RAZR is about breaking us in to accept hardwired batteries, then the Nexus serves exactly the same vzw purpose for SD cards.

    The more I reflect about it, the more I realize that if I can't have a phone with all 4 features:
    1- 5 row keyboard
    2- 4G LTE
    3- SD card
    4- replaceable battery
    Then I don't want a smart phone at all.

    Epic 4G anyone? Or maybe a wifi netbook w/skype...


    Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 11-24-2011 at 03:19 AM.

    Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)




    Perspective Instantiates Reality .

    ~
  4. Master Droid
    akhi216's Avatar
    Member #
    160010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    The more I reflect about it, the more I realize that if I can't have a phone with all 4 features:
    1- 5 row keyboard
    2- 4G LTE
    3- SD card
    4- replaceable battery
    Then I don't want a smart phone at all.
    Then I take it you'd like the Samsung Stratosphere assuming that a dual-core processor isn't important to you.


    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    akhi216's Avatar
    Member #
    160010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    526
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #65
    The Stratosphere has all of the things that you mentioned that you needed. I couldn't buy it because I want a phone that has a dual-core processor. Sadly, VZW forces a tradeoffs on us for wanting that just like they force tradeoffs with phones that have keyboards. I don't buy spare batteries because I don't travel and I always have my charger with me wherever I go, thus the non-removable battery on the Droid 4 will be a non-issue to to me. However, I don't not like it and I wouldn't prefer it.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    TC_Mits's Avatar
    Member #
    195555
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    207
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Then I take it you'd like the Samsung Stratosphere assuming that a dual-core processor isn't important to you.

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Stratosphere strikes me as mediocre at best - barely 6 weeks old and already dated. If it's all there is...
    Saying our choices are forced on us means that vzw has its own agenda independent of user preferences. I agree; I don't think it is as market-driven as many posters assume.

    Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )

    Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)




    Perspective Instantiates Reality .

    ~
  7. Senior Droid
    TC_Mits's Avatar
    Member #
    195555
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    207
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (learning root)
    #67
    Just must confess I did not see the D4 released before the Nexus - even if it's only by one day; vzw slipped that one by me.

    Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )

    Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting 4Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)




    Perspective Instantiates Reality .

    ~
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Can we get theme's forum like the Hacking forum?
    By ladodger1717 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
  2. New to Droid Forum
    By marc434 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
  3. new to the forum and the droid
    By fiver643 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
  4. New to Droid Forum
    By total7kaos in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
  5. new to forum and droid
    By caldin in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 09:46 AM

Search tags for this page

driod 4
,

droid 4

,
droid 4 battery
,
droid 4 bootloader
,
droid 4 forum
,
droid 4 forums
,
when does droid 4 come out
,
when does the droid 4 come out
,
when is droid 4 coming out
,
when is the droid 4 coming out
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+