DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Inexpensive Desktop Dock

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Inexpensive Desktop Dock

It looks like Hyperion is making a desktop dock for the D4. No HDMI out or anything, but if you're just looking for an inexpensive desktop or nightstand dock this may be it.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Stand...xp_grid_pt_1_0

$25 on Amazon, but I just ordered one from overseas for $12 on eBay!
    orange93 likes this.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    Trouble is I don't think it triggers dock mode. Yes, for basic charging it'd work, but it would be nice to have it trigger dock mode.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    It won't trigger dock mode....but you can download the bionic dock app which allows you to initiate dock mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.everysoft.bionicdock&feature=search _result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5ldmVyeXNvZnQuYml vbmljZG9jayJd

I
    use it with my Droid 4 and this dock. Not as nice as just plugging in....but cheaper than the official dock.

EDIT**

I just set up a smart actions action to launch the application on charging. I just have to manually click bedside mode (it offers bedside, productivity and car mode)
    Last edited by tcrews; 06-23-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I found one for $9.17, you can also check out the reviews: http://amzn.to/LQIpTB
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by orange93
    I found one for $9.17, you can also check out the reviews: http://amzn.to/LQIpTB
    That's for the OG droid
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    i bought the Droid 3 dock, and the Droid 4 fits in it with dock mode! it sits a little over the edge on the top of the phone, but it's a snug fit and doesn't move around. There's no marks on my phone from putting it on or removing it from the dock
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Why is it that all the aftermarket manufacturers of Docks, never take into consideration that most of us use a case for protection? I use a plastic case on my phone and carry it in a leather holster that I found at Target. A generic XL one that fits my phone with a cover. But trying to buy an aftermarket charging dock, (not the Verizon $100) that will allow me to charge without removing the cover case seems to be impossibe. Verizon has the removable insert. I like the simplicity of a dock but I can't remove the cover everytime to use it. I had this same problem with my Droid 2. Come one you guys, make a dock that will acommidate a phone with a case. And now Motorola has decided to eliminate the magnet which woulf force me into an app. Come on!!!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaser4 View Post
    Why is it that all the aftermarket manufacturers of Docks, never take into consideration that most of us use a case for protection? I use a plastic case on my phone and carry it in a leather holster that I found at Target. A generic XL one that fits my phone with a cover. But trying to buy an aftermarket charging dock, (not the Verizon $100) that will allow me to charge without removing the cover case seems to be impossibe. Verizon has the removable insert. I like the simplicity of a dock but I can't remove the cover everytime to use it. I had this same problem with my Droid 2. Come one you guys, make a dock that will acommidate a phone with a case. And now Motorola has decided to eliminate the magnet which woulf force me into an app. Come on!!!
    Well there are so many different types of covers out on the market and each of them has a different thickness to them it would be about impossible for any one to make one that fits all cases and still hold the phone decently.

As for the "new" moto docks if you look at the way they are made they are fully adjustable and do not hold the phone the same way as the older style docks do. For the Droid 4 "only" the car dock from moto has a removable insert to accommodate a case and well the first case i had was still to big to make the phone fit in the car dock so I just dropped using a case at all.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Lightbulb Moto Dock

Quote Originally Posted by schatzy62 View Post
    Well there are so many different types of covers out on the market and each of them has a different thickness to them it would be about impossible for any one to make one that fits all cases and still hold the phone decently.

As for the "new" moto docks if you look at the way they are made they are fully adjustable and do not hold the phone the same way as the older style docks do. For the Droid 4 "only" the car dock from moto has a removable insert to accommodate a case and well the first case i had was still to big to make the phone fit in the car dock so I just dropped using a case at all.
    While I agree that there is a lot of variation, the car dock does have a removeable insert. Most all the normal plastic covers will fit it. Wish the hyperion one did also. The new Moto Docks docks that you speak of is very expensive. I do hve the car dock and it works fine with my case. My Droid 2 desk dock had the removeable insert and it worked well with a case. And just for the record, when I say case, I mean the plastict snap-on cases that Verizon sells as well as the aftermarket ones on ebay. Just saying...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links