DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motoblurish rom?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Motoblurish rom?

Is there a rom based on motoblur but extremely smooth and everything works? Reason asking I like how motoblur looks and feels. Just wish it was much smoother and I am hoping it would recognize an extended battery too. Say a 3500 mah battery that the stock rom doesn't recognize.
    thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Re: Motoblurish rom?

Most D3 ROMs that I know of have had as much blur stripped as possible. But if you flash anything right now, flash a GB ROM. Try Haters Gonna Hate in the Droid Concepts forum.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

That's what I figured lol. I have steeldroid 5.5 right now on my safe system but as much as I liked ICS I disliked how things didn't work on it, I used it for an hour and switched back to motoblur. Maybe I just need to use it stock and debloated till I get tired of that. Then get an extended battery and play with all the different roms. Since I did a fresh install of the stock rom this thing hasn't been laggy at all. Even though I know that's gonna change. I guess im ok with that. Or maybe not since I was looking for a motoblurish rom lol

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by tpence2177 View Post
    That's what I figured lol. I have steeldroid 5.5 right now on my safe system but as much as I liked ICS I disliked how things didn't work on it, I used it for an hour and switched back to motoblur. Maybe I just need to use it stock and debloated till I get tired of that. Then get an extended battery and play with all the different roms. Since I did a fresh install of the stock rom this thing hasn't been laggy at all. Even though I know that's gonna change. I guess im ok with that. Or maybe not since I was looking for a motoblurish rom lol

Yeah, unfortunately the only ROM that doesn't have motoblur is CM7, and there isn't a fully functional, stable build. And probably won't be. There are a few GB based ROMs for D3: Steel Droid 4.x, HGH V5, Eclipse 3.0 (ported from bionic), Maverick 4.5.

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Thanks. I'm trying to read through through the kexec JB/ICS thread to try and figure out the progress on that and even understand what's the difference (which I just read lol) here's hoping they get that fully functional soon.

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Thanks. I'm trying to read through through the kexec JB/ICS thread to try and figure out the progress on that and even understand what's the difference (which I just read lol) here's hoping they get that fully functional soon.

Yeah, us D3 owners are following that pretty closely. Pretty much everything works but camera. But, you can find the same thread over on XDA and you'll know everything in Hash's OP.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Thanks! Does the app zoom fx help the camera out like it does in steel droid?

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Thanks! Does the app zoom fx help the camera out like it does in steel droid?

Regarding the ICS/JB Kexec ROMs, no, unfortunately. The regular ICS build has basic camera function with use of a 3rd party camera app, but not much else works.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Thanks. Still thinking about giving it a try regardless. Definitely looking forward to the safestrap 3.0 and being able to swap roms quickly for sure.

11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Thanks. Still thinking about giving it a try regardless. Definitely looking forward to the safestrap 3.0 and being able to swap roms quickly for sure.

You're very welcome. And me too, friend. My phone needs some new love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links