DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Most polished rom?

  1. Junior Droid
    seaniscrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    221842
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rooted Droid 3
    #1

    Most polished rom?

    I've been using cm9 and I used aokp for awhile, and as much as I love them, I want a rom that everything works. Something as close to vanilla android as possible. It doesn't matter if it's ics or gingerbread, just something that works and is fast. Any suggestions?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Theme Developer
    vbhokiefan's Avatar
    Member #
    43560
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    VA Beach VA
    Posts
    939
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    vbhokiefan
    Phone
    OG / D3 / S3 / ?
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    based on what you want I'd say Deodexed XT862 .906 SAFE mode
    TEAM MAVERICK FTW
  4. Master Droid
    GreenSnow's Avatar
    Member #
    226815
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    328
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    #3
    IMO Maverick ROM is the best, everything works perfect, v4.0 is the most polished and runs super smoooth, they do have v4.5 but I though it lessened my battle life's so went back to 4.0

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk


    My Steel Droid D3 is Smarter than your Honor Student
  5. Droid
    thorrules's Avatar
    Member #
    268789
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSnow View Post
    IMO Maverick ROM is the best, everything works perfect, v4.0 is the most polished and runs super smoooth, they do have v4.5 but I though it lessened my battle life's so went back to 4.0

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Maverick ROM still has one bug on GMAIL. It wont distinguish between read and unread email, the colors are very sublte. This is not a specific bug with Maverick, but anytime you change a font on D3 from the stock, u will see this bug. Bottomline: If you frequently use Gmail App and cannot distinguish between subtle shades of black color like me, then do not go for this ROM.

    Steel Droid 4.6, imo, is the best among supported roms. Since it uses stock fonts, no issues there. But lately I have been facing some GPS issues. The best ROM I still think though is Liberty, unfortunately, it is not been supported anymore.
  6. Master Droid
    GreenSnow's Avatar
    Member #
    226815
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    328
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by thorrules View Post
    Maverick ROM still has one bug on GMAIL. It wont distinguish between read and unread email, the colors are very sublte. This is not a specific bug with Maverick, but anytime you change a font on D3 from the stock, u will see this bug. Bottomline: If you frequently use Gmail App and cannot distinguish between subtle shades of black color like me, then do not go for this ROM.

    Steel Droid 4.6, imo, is the best among supported roms. Since it uses stock fonts, no issues there. But lately I have been facing some GPS issues. The best ROM I still think though is Liberty, unfortunately, it is not been supported anymore.
    I'd depends on what theme you are using, currently I am using "ripper red" and read vs unread is very distinguishable, not only does the text change from bold to un-bold the background also changes from white to gray

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk


    My Steel Droid D3 is Smarter than your Honor Student
  7. Droid
    thorrules's Avatar
    Member #
    268789
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSnow

    I'd depends on what theme you are using, currently I am using "ripper red" and read vs unread is very distinguishable, not only does the text change from bold to un-bold the background also changes from white to gray

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Thanks will try it out. Just flashed eclipse 2.2.1 looks promising too.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Overmann's Avatar
    Member #
    244129
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    #7
    I have been using Steel Droid GB and it is extremely fast as well as good on the battery.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [THEME] Polished Caelum apk for theme chooser
    By yakitori in forum yakitori
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 07:29 AM
  2. Just polished my Droid... anyone else done this?
    By SC300Drifter in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
  3. Android has come a long way but still needs to be polished
    By droidXpert in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
  4. Just polished my Droid... anyone else done this?
    By SC300Drifter in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:56 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 maverick rom theme chooser
,
droid 3 rom
,
facetime android
,

maverick rom gmail unread

,
most polished android roms
,
most polished roms
,
ripper red droid 3
,
ripper red maverick rom
,

ripper red theme droid 3

,
steel droid vs maverick
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+