DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attempted to install Steel Droid 4.5; now have flashing/blinking Moto Dual Core logo

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tarahmarie View Post
    O.O--would the OTA update have been pushed immediately after factory resetting the phone? Like the difference between seeing Android Market and Google Play Store? If so, that update did happen.
    You would have been prompted by a pop up menu asking if you wanted to download an update. Then after dowloading, it would have asked if you wanted to update the phone. During the update it would have rebooted into an "update screen" that showed a progress bar indicating how far along the update is. If you didn't see any of that, you probably didn't update. It's not as simple as a Market to Play Store conversion.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cobravnm13 View Post
    You would have been prompted by a pop up menu asking if you wanted to download an update. Then after dowloading, it would have asked if you wanted to update the phone. During the update it would have rebooted into an "update screen" that showed a progress bar indicating how far along the update is. If you didn't see any of that, you probably didn't update. It's not as simple as a Market to Play Store conversion.

I don't remember doing that while I had the phone. In fact, I am fairly sure (but not all the way) that I never permitted OTAs because it might have killed root. So, here's the question. If I have the .906 and I use the .890 method, will that permabrick my phone?
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    try powering up your phone by holding the power + x button..when you get the exclamation and android screen press both the volume buttons...scroll down to factory reset/wipe data then press your power button to select it then confirm it..then reboot
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tarahmarie View Post
    I don't remember doing that while I had the phone. In fact, I am fairly sure (but not all the way) that I never permitted OTAs because it might have killed root. So, here's the question. If I have the .906 and I use the .890 method, will that permabrick my phone?
    If you've had the phone for a year, and didn't do an OTA, I would assume that you are still on the .890 firmware. Follow Ovelayer's instructions (post right above this one) and see what that does for you. If it doesn't help, try vbhokiefan's instructions on the first page.

OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    If you've had the phone for a year, and didn't do an OTA, I would assume that you are still on the .890 firmware. Follow Ovelayer's instructions (post right above this one) and see what that does for you. If it doesn't help, try vbhokiefan's instructions on the first page.

Yes, but that's not my question. If I have the .906 and I use the .890 method, will I permabrick my phone? (also, wiping cache and data didn't help)
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    Not at all we have done SBF for either or that will fix you
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ovelayer View Post
    Not at all we have done SBF for either or that will fix you
    Whew. Ok, I will try the .890 method now and report back.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    Worst case scenario the 890 sbf won't work and you will have to use my 906 sbf
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhokiefan View Post
    go to settings, about phone and look for system version. its gonna be 5.7.XXX.Verizon.en.US. The XXX will either be 890 or 906.

this will tell us what system base you are on, so we will know which way to point you.

If it is .890.....go to this post here It will give you directions for "fastbooting" (which is much easier than SBFing IMO) your phone back to stock 890, rooting it and installing a ROM

If it is .906 DO NOT FOLLOW those directions. Let us know. It's a bit trickier, but can be done.
    not tricky anymore we have released a 1 click sbf for .906
    [6-7-2012] .906 to .890 SBF *UPDATED* - xda-developers
    Last edited by ovelayer; 06-15-2012 at 07:00 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Ok, so, I am not a Windows user. The instructions you sent me to depend on me being able to get my phone to connect in Windows, and while I have a Windows partition and have booted into in and installed RSDlite, RSDlite does not see my phone and the USB cable I have does not seem to connect my phone when I'm booted into AP Fastboot. This is the screen I see when I try. Yes, I know I need a stock Motorola cable; about 15 minutes ago, the nice gentleman at the Verizon store flat refused to sell me a new Droid 3 just so I could use the USB cable and return the phone ;-). It would be a week or more before I would receive a cable from an online order.

I do have, however, a card reader. I could load whatever you want me to and apply it as an update.zip through the Android recovery screen, or I can use AP Fastboot. Here are the options I have. Can the BP SBF Flash option be used here? How would I do it?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links