Not having any issues, just was wondering. How do I delete old backups that were saved in Safestrap mode? Just want to free up some space. I remember with my D1 going into RM and it was easy. I can't seem to find the old backups except when I want to restore them.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Stock Rooted HTC Rezound
You need a file explorer.
Just navigate to /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/'foldername" (or /sdcard/safestrap/backup/"foldername" if you have saved them to the internal media area), and delete the "foldername"; that is the backup folder.
- wasn't 100% clear if installs ONLY work from sd-ext (recovery menu says "install zip from sdcard" which normally is external) -- can I drop the zip in the (internal) sd root? Since you recommended a system format I also assume it has to be on an external card (though, presumably after formatting, the zip could be dropped into internal sd with adb).
- does the ROM need to be renamed "update.zip" or does the recovery menu allow the user to navigate to any zip file? (I assume the latter, since with AOKP, GAPPs also needs to be installed)
- when toggling from safe back to non-safe, you noted it "restores" the stock system -- does that mean it copies back stock system+data to its original location while completely overwriting the custom ROM? In other words, if the user toggles back again to safe the previous custom ROM is now gone?
EDIT: BTW, forgot to mention I did my first stock (nonsafe) backup WITHOUT an sd card, so I can verify that it works -- it creates an /sdcard/safestrap/backup folder with the backup data -- which I can navigate to during recovery to restore.
Last edited by gadgetrants; 02-25-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Meaning of gadgetrants:
(1) Goes on rants about gadgets
(2) Gadgets put him in a trants (er...um, trance)
ROM does not need to be renamed, and when you go back to non-safe it is supposed to copy over your custom ROM so you can switch back. I've never done this myself.
Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.
sorry if this has been answered in one of the previous pages, but i'm having issues getting back to non safe mode.
currently running on [K]INETX on .901. i downgraded, forever-rooted, got to .901. installed safestrap, i believe made a backup in unsafe mode, then enabled safe mode and flashed [K]INETX. i am not positive about making a backup in non-safe mode, but i think i did.
im wanting to get to .902 and axi0m. what would be the preferred method to do this not being positive if i have a non-safe backup?
i also cannot disable safe mode at this time when booting in to safestrap recovery. it says i've only got 44MB of space on /emmc and errors when trying to revert back.
thanks for the help
non-safe mode = stock 5.9.902 OS
safe mode = ICS ROM
I am able to switch between them seemlessly, with changes persisting between OS "swaps"
Just ran into a problem and I'm hoping someone can help. Have been running safestrap and it is fantastic. I tried going from Disabled today and phone started doing its thing. Then it said restoring original system, then it errored. When I rebooted I had a new phone, thank goodness for backup. I uninstalled safestrap and was going to reinstall however when I rebooted it came up to the flash screen of safestrap. How do I get safestrap completely gone so I can start over again? Also will the backup I did from non-safe still be good?