DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bricked Droid 3

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

Bricked Droid 3

So I am fuzzy on all the details but before he went to work my boyfriend was trying to recover a backup on his phone after installing a rom last night and now his phone won't boot up, it is stuck in the Motorola dual core screen and he says he needs to sbf to get it running again. Is there an sbf file to download( so that he can still get future updates if he wants them). Right now his phone is unusable and we do not have an alternate phone for him to use. Hope someone can help.........

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    d2vzw
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3 and Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrpicdecadnce View Post
    Thank you very much my phone is back up and running, I will put those files in a safe place because I am sure I will need them in the future with all the messing around I do with my phone it is bound to happen again. I tried to switch from the narcotics rom back to steeldroid, I tried to load version 2.0 and that's when it all went bad. I will try and load it again since I want to try 3.0
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Scott, what exactly did you do with the SBF file once you downloaded it? It'd be great to know your procedure for many of us who are also flashing ROMS but are not sure what to do if the worst happens...
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by fishacura View Post
    Scott, what exactly did you do with the SBF file once you downloaded it? It'd be great to know your procedure for many of us who are also flashing ROMS but are not sure what to do if the worst happens...
    So what you want to do is go to the link that is posted as the first reply in this thread (thank you so much by the way) and download RSD lite if you don't have it already and also one of the 2 files to restore the phone. The one that says it is the leaked ota version is the stock one I think, that is what someone in the forum said. Then I just followed his directions on that thread. Theybwere very clear and simple to follow. The phone was back up and running within an hour of me receiving the message about the link.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    Hey guys, here's a link to a DroidLife page that has both the sbf and a link to an XDA page that walks you through the flashing process, thought I'd link it here since someone will probably come here looking for answers. Here ya go...Droid 3 Unbrick SBF Released to Ease Your Hacking Fears - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Long live the "D"

D3-Maverick 4.0 witta hotspot hack!
    XOOM-Black ICE
    D2G-Liquid- retired
    D1-Project Elite-retired
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    @MelissaAnn - THANKS! So is RDS lite something you would run on your PC or on your device? I will download later and find out I suppose but was just curious. Thanks!

@Bullitt - Thanks for sharing. This will go into the "favorites" folder for sure! Not sure I can find a specific procedure for how exactly to do it but hopefully I will not have to.
    Last edited by fishacura; 10-19-2011 at 10:58 AM.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3 and Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    Hey guys, here's a link to a DroidLife page that has both the sbf and a link to an XDA page that walks you through the flashing process, thought I'd link it here since someone will probably come here looking for answers. Here ya go...Droid 3 Unbrick SBF Released to Ease Your Hacking Fears - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Melissa said she went to that forum and all the links are bad, that's why she had to ask for them here. Just thought I would share the info. So grab the files from this thread and follow the directions on that forum and you should be good to go.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Mavericked Motorola Droid 3
    Fishacura - RSD Lite is a computer program made by motorola to help push programs to one's phone when said phone is unable or unwilling to receive those files by ordinary means.
    Last edited by xaelith; 10-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    MotoCache's rooting instructions: A must-have Droid1 root guide for rooting noobs such as myself
    Sourcery v2.2 Kang - Full version: One of the best Droid1 ROMs available
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Thanks folks. I found the xda thread also but don't see "directions" anywhere as noted above. The first thread has some files and references RSD Lite and Moto Fastboot but I don't see how to use them exactly (probably because they're developers and I am borderline idiot...well maybe I have moved up to moron status). Anyway, any advice on a step by step for this? I have not bricked but I am going to do what I did for the root/flash process and write a NOOB guide so that people after me have one stop shopping for these sorts of Q&A,.

EDIT: Well I think I found directions in post #2 on this thread: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?...59-and-5.6.890)

However, in step 10 he references navigating to a .xml file that was included in the zip. Anyone know what file he's talking about?
    Last edited by fishacura; 10-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links