DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: D3 Losing the Dev Love?

  1. Droid
    dmg's Avatar
    Member #
    211502
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    D3, D1
    #1

    D3 Losing the Dev Love?

    Are developers still working on the Droid 3? It seems like there are less developments now that the Bionic has come out. Could someone give me an update on where we are for the bootloader and if possible does anyone know a speculated date for the release? I'm sorry to be vague but I just can't seem to find any valid information.
  2. Developer
    buckmarble's Avatar
    Member #
    92180
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,564
    Liked
    132 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus/Droid 3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by dmg View Post
    Are developers still working on the Droid 3? It seems like there are less developments now that the Bionic has come out. Could someone give me an update on where we are for the bootloader and if possible does anyone know a speculated date for the release? I'm sorry to be vague but I just can't seem to find any valid information.
    Bootloader is locked. Unless we get a leak, it may stay that way. Recovery is continuously being developed. What is being worked on with that is what they are calling working in a "sandbox" meaning they are designing it to essentially be a dual boot. A new rom would be flashed to a separate partition in order to keep the original system in tack, so if anything goes wrong flashing something, you wont brick as easily. When that is completed, roms will start rolling out. Development definately is continueing on the d3

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Development takes time, Donations definitely make it easier Donate Here
  3. Droid
    dmg's Avatar
    Member #
    211502
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    D3, D1
    #3
    Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. I was just curious because I see all of the updates to the droid bionic being posted and the first rom has already been released for it, so i was just wondering what progress there was on the D3. I guess the bootloaders are just coded differently. Thank you again for the reply
  4. Senior Droid
    Darksthour's Avatar
    Member #
    67604
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    223
    Twitter
    Nschneider7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #4
    I feel that only because the bionic just was released it's definatly getting a lot of attention. It by no means that devs are favoring one device over the other. If a dev owns a D3 and wants to make a rom he's going to do it on a D3. Also I feel that the software and hardware is so similar between the devices getting a rom made on a bionic/D3 will be ported over to the other device so easily. Hence why D3 owners waited for root and when they found that they used the same exploit to get the bionic rooted before it even came out. Or any moto device running 2.3.
  5. Developer
    buckmarble's Avatar
    Member #
    92180
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,564
    Liked
    132 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus/Droid 3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dmg View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. I was just curious because I see all of the updates to the droid bionic being posted and the first rom has already been released for it, so i was just wondering what progress there was on the D3. I guess the bootloaders are just coded differently. Thank you again for the reply
    Another thing to add is the d3 cwm based recovery is different than the bionics. The developer is taking it to the next level so that it can be a dual boot. As long as that original system is in tact, you will never be bricked. Not sure if the bionic bootstrap allows you to boot into recovery from an off state, but that may be another diffence since you can be turned off and select bp tools to boot into cwmr

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Development takes time, Donations definitely make it easier Donate Here
  6. Master Droid
    Bullitt6996's Avatar
    Member #
    81503
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lameville, USA
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmarble View Post
    Another thing to add is the d3 cwm based recovery is different than the bionics. The developer is taking it to the next level so that it can be a dual boot. As long as that original system is in tact, you will never be bricked. Not sure if the bionic bootstrap allows you to boot into recovery from an off state, but that may be another diffence since you can be turned off and select bp tools to boot into cwmr

    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Is there any more information on that? I'm curious as to how that would work with dual. Would we select a boot up sequence? IE; Custom or Stock when powering up to prevent brick? Sounds cool, I can't wait to see how that turns out....
    Long live the "D"

    D3-Maverick 4.0 witta hotspot hack!
    XOOM-Black ICE
    D2G-Liquid- retired
    D1-Project Elite-retired
  7. Developer Relations
    guidot's Avatar
    Member #
    36269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,363
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    #7
    woodyman has a D3. He is in school. I'm sure at some point he'll have something working.

    1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I love my Droid but it doesn't love me back.
    By Hannahbeader in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 08:56 PM
  2. I love my Droid but it doesn't love me back.
    By Hannahbeader in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
  3. love my droid.. want to love it more!
    By nichols00 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE one problem here
    By sterdroids in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
  5. Love the phone love the site one ? hooking up usb cable to phone to compy
    By Delirious17 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Search tags for this page

bp tools bionic
,
bp tools from an off-state
,
droid 3 boot bp tools
,

droid 3 bootloader

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+