Ok so i had contacts forceclosing i messed up bad though i followed this (below) but then instead of putting what i didn't have anymore i did all of the apk's and of course phone forceclosed when pasting it into system now i get bootloops no os at all? am i screwed till some kind of spf if im that lucky? EDIT: if you need any info don't hesitate to ask it.
Here is what I did after I got back in the system.
1. Pulled the dump of the System/App folder. I got it from this post:
2. I loaded Root Explorer (yes it costs money, but well worth it).
3. Compared the files in that zip (on your PC) to the ones from the Root Explorer -> System -> App
4. Saved all of the missing files to a folder (on the PC), then moved to my SD card (Move the whole folder, it's easier to select all)
5. Make sure the SD card is mounted in the Android OS, then in Root Explorer navigate to System/App and mount as R/W.
6. Navigate back up to root of Root Explorer, then navigate to SDcard-Ext and then the folder you saved the files.
7. From that folder click options hardward button (four squares) then click "Multi-select", choose "Select All", then click Copy. Use the "..." folder at the top to go up two directories to the root, then go to "System" then "App" and choose paste (you did mark it as "Mount R/W" already, if not, you can do it at the top now).
8. After the files have been pasted, you need to change the permissions and ownership of those files.
9. I used the folder as a guide and went to the first file. Click and hold the file, choose "permissions", change to 'Owner = Read, Write' & 'Group = Read' & 'Others = Read'. Nothing else selected, then click OK.
10. Click and hold that same file again, scroll down to "Change Owner". Change both the Owner and Group to '0 - root', at the top of each list, then click OK.
11. Do this for every file you deleted.
12. Reboot the Droid 3. All of the files will be restored.
13. Don't delete them again.