DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: after rooting??

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

after rooting??

I'm a noob when it comes to rooting but i tried it and now when i go to my contacts i get this application contacts storage(process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again force close??????

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    cdjones187
    Phone
    DROID, DROID X, and DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMA74 View Post
    I'm a noob when it comes to rooting but i tried it and now when i go to my contacts i get this application contacts storage(process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again force close??????
    Did you do anything else, like try removing apps? What method did you use to root? Did you try a battery pull?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I did the 1-click root method and i have titanium back-up and i've unistalled kindle books,vzw apps,blockbuster,books,citrix,city id,flickr,gotomeeting,giuded tours,lets golf,news,nfl mobile,nova,quick office,social location,social messaging,social networking,twitter authenticator,vcast media manager,vcast music,vcast tones,vz nav,yahoo contacts,yahoo mail authenticator and no i haven't done a battery pull yet.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMA74 View Post
    twitter authenticator,yahoo contacts,yahoo mail authenticator
    from what I've been reading, removing those is whats causing your problem; since you uninstalled them instead of freezing, you will have to reinstall them somehow. I know theres some system dumps floating around and you'll just have to put the apk/odex files back and set the permissions correctly; hopefully. though uninstalling might also have removed some library files from /system/lib that you'll have to put back, too. good luck.
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola XT862 (Droid 3)
    Blur relies on some of the stupider stuff like yahoo, and flickr in other services that blur runs, so when they go missing blur gets confused as hell... also, twitter and basically anything social...

-Saik0
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Answer to your question

Hey I just rooted my Droid 3, and was having the same problems you were. I went back into my titanium backup and defrosted my Yahoo contacts and Yahoo mail Authenticator. My quick contacts work fine now. You might want to freeze the apps that you don't want instead of uninstalling them. This method made my phone go a lot faster. Then only thing is that it doesn't free up space. I hope this helped. I did not uninstall any of the preloaded apps.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hey guys real quick..i noticed in my superuser allow section i have TiBu which is good, but also listed is superuser....is that normal. Reason why i ask is why would superuser allow superuser? When i loaded up superuser it told me to update it and when i did it added itself to the allow list. If this is not supposed to be how can i fix it.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by cyferhax View Post
    from what I've been reading, removing those is whats causing your problem; since you uninstalled them instead of freezing, you will have to reinstall them somehow. I know theres some system dumps floating around and you'll just have to put the apk/odex files back and set the permissions correctly; hopefully. though uninstalling might also have removed some library files from /system/lib that you'll have to put back, too. good luck.
    I have no clue on how to get this back to normal
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
    Hey I just rooted my Droid 3, and was having the same problems you were. I went back into my titanium backup and defrosted my Yahoo contacts and Yahoo mail Authenticator. My quick contacts work fine now. You might want to freeze the apps that you don't want instead of uninstalling them. This method made my phone go a lot faster. Then only thing is that it doesn't free up space. I hope this helped. I did not uninstall any of the preloaded apps.
    I agree... personally, I never remove apps, I just freeze them. Full disclosure: it's really down to the fact that I don't download a ton of apps (so extra space isn't an issue), nor do I want to scour the web for a laundry list of apps that are/aren't safe to delete. My "rule of thumb" is always, if you're not sure what you're doing, don't do anything. OP, once you get things back to normal, just make sure you're comfortable with what you're doing in the future. That's a much safer way to avoid issues and bricks.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  11. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalTrigger View Post
    Hey guys real quick..i noticed in my superuser allow section i have TiBu which is good, but also listed is superuser....is that normal. Reason why i ask is why would superuser allow superuser? When i loaded up superuser it told me to update it and when i did it added itself to the allow list. If this is not supposed to be how can i fix it.
    That is normal.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links