DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Root status

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 3

Can we use this?

Hey guys, I just found this article over at Android Central. Apparently, the Atrix has been rooted, running stock 2.3.4, with a locked bootloader... I was just wondering if an interested dev might find this method useful in the quest to achieve D3 greatness!

Root - Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ locked b - Page 2 - Android Forums
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Yeah I am sure they are looking into it. Seems to be the most likely option to me as they seem similar....but I have no idea
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
    We have successfully had root for weeks. Didn't you see all the threads noting the wonderful progress?
    You're not helping.
    Of course not, and neither do extra threads asking when we will get root, if we are already rooted, who's working on root, etc. It has all been asked to death, and anyone actively checking here or the other forums will know it in a minute. I'm as excited as anyone else to get rid of the bloatware and have some custom ROM goodness.

So let's all send our best wishes/coding skills/extra dollars to woodyman, the entire DroidConcepts team, p3droid, and any other devs working on it for us.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhiza View Post
    Hey guys, I just found this article over at Android Central. Apparently, the Atrix has been rooted, running stock 2.3.4, with a locked bootloader... I was just wondering if an interested dev might find this method useful in the quest to achieve D3 greatness!

Root - Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ locked b - Page 2 - Android Forums

Anybody got the stones to try this?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    How I wish I could I simply don't want to brick my phone especially with no way of restoring it and fixing it if it bricks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Agreed...without a proper recovery, attempting this could be a death sentence for devices. I just wanted to put the knowledge out there for any interested devs to play with, but I'm pretty sure most of them knew about the Atrix exploit already...

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Im going to extract the img and have a look, im not an android dev, but i do have a cs degree.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Okay and what about the gingersnap utility developed over at androphiles any body try it with or without luck?

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Won't work. It was designed (like Gingerbreak) for 2.3.3 I believe. I tried both, along with z4 and super 1-click, and nothing worked. It's because a hole in the code was patched (I think), between the two versions, making it markedly harder to crack the bootloader. I think it's all part of a growing industry desire to regain strict control over data usage...someone will find a way around it though, and devs will be back to cooking ROMs in no time! :-)

10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhiza View Post
    Won't work. It was designed (like Gingerbreak) for 2.3.3 I believe. I tried both, along with z4 and super 1-click, and nothing worked. It's because a hole in the code was patched (I think), between the two versions, making it markedly harder to crack the bootloader. I think it's all part of a growing industry desire to regain strict control over data usage...someone will find a way around it though, and devs will be back to cooking ROMs in no time! :-)

one reason they don't work is they are looking for a UID that doesn't exist. The code in Gingerbreak is set to seek UID 0.....D3 has a 5 digit ID.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links