DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Patience

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Patience

Alright, so I'll probably be smeared for this, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there. Whenever I get a new phone I always get it on day 1. I have never had a phone that didn't ship with issues: Palm Centro, Iphone 3g, HTC Touch Pro 2, Droid X, and Droid 3 to name a few. Usually an update is released shortly after the phone gets a decent following.

For the Droid 3 it seems that there may be an issue with the radio and battery life. I know that the cell standby battery usage shouldn't be that high.

If you root now, the exploit will be patched when the first update comes. If root is found, I hope whoever finds it doesn't release it until the update rolls out.

Just my .02, I'd rather enjoy the phone a little bit as Moto intended before doing any tweaking. The phone seems pretty solid to me and I really like it.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I agree, everyone is whining about needing root so you can use the phone to its fullest. But as far as im concerned it does everything and more than my rooted OGD, the only thing it doesnt have is wireless tether, in every other way this phone is vastly superior. And the battery life is not that bad at all, considering its has a dual core 1 ghz cpu .
  4. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Atm I want Root, but I'm willing to wait until the 1st major update is out for it to happen. While as much as I'd love a custom rom tomorrow for my phone, a fully working, non-buggy stock phone is preferred, it means less work for the devs! lol

I agree with you 100% though.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v2 w/ Project Elite Kernel |
    | ASUS Transformer | Team EOS Nightlies |

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone has already found root, and is staying quiet for this exact reason.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone has already found root, and is staying quiet for this exact reason.
    i get your angle, but i don't buy it. root announcements come out faster than news about misbehaving celebs. there's no proof (yet) of an impending update, so rooting what we've got is exactly what the devs are working on.
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    OP...there's no issue with the radio and battery. Its just the screen uses so much less power than others. I know some are having reboot issues, and some are having worse battery life than others, but on the whole I believe this to be a very well built device. Root would be nice to freeze some of the bloat. But honestly the phone flies as is, so can only get better.

end of line...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Well it's been out two weeks, and only 1 week of that retail. With so many 4G LTE phones and the Bionic coming its possible the D3 may (I hope not) get as many devs working on it. What I would like is one dev who has developed solid rooting skills to step forward and the community work with that dev or a group and get them a phone to break open. The piggy bank is no fun unless you crack it open.
    Follow me on Twitter @ RaptorOO7
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Personally I would like root purely so I can restore app data via TiBu.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.

Links