DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: droid 3 dock

  1. Droid Newbie
    motorhome12's Avatar
    Member #
    223887
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    motorola droid 3
    #1

    droid 3 dock

    Hello All droid user,, I am looking to find a dock for my motorola droid 3 phone,, A verizon tech told me that the droid x dock would work with the droid 3.. I am so glad I check first because they dont. So Does anybody know where Is the cheapest place on line I can get the dock and possible a car holder for my phone.. THANKS anybody that can point the way...
  2. Droid
    Warglock's Avatar
    Member #
    211828
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    CDMA GNex
    #2
    Just as a word of caution, the Motorola D3 HD dock does NOT do data transfer between a computer and your D3. I am sincerely hoping that Motorola will make a desktop dock that does data transfer with the dock screen like the OG D1's dock.
  3. Senior Droid
    Darksthour's Avatar
    Member #
    67604
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    223
    Twitter
    Nschneider7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    #3
    I got the Droid 3's dock station and it fits great with the extended battery. Not sure about the droid x one fitting although I would be a bit cautious because of the difference in size. It might fit but not comfortably and possible become annoying. I only use mine for by my bed so it's more of an alarm clock look.
  4. Droid
    hood's Avatar
    Member #
    164781
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    79
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #4
    Here is a link for Droid 3 docking station.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6303605&sr=1-1 via @amazon

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    zacht's Avatar
    Member #
    149550
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    #5
    I have a synch and charge desktop cradle that I got from motorola droid 3 accessories. It was pretty inexpensive (19.99 if I recall correctly) and works exactly as they described it.
  6. Droid
    Warglock's Avatar
    Member #
    211828
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    CDMA GNex
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zacht View Post
    I have a synch and charge desktop cradle that I got from motorola droid 3 accessories. It was pretty inexpensive (19.99 if I recall correctly) and works exactly as they described it.
    Thank you kind sir, I have been waiting for something like this. Does it activate the dock screen when you put your D3 in it?
  7. Master Droid
    REMilk's Avatar
    Member #
    3070
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On a Cribbage board
    Posts
    765
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    RobertMilk
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Warglock View Post
    Just as a word of caution, the Motorola D3 HD dock does NOT do data transfer between a computer and your D3. I am sincerely hoping that Motorola will make a desktop dock that does data transfer with the dock screen like the OG D1's dock.
    My understanding is that there are differences between the method used for dock detection. In the OG Droid, dock detection was through the use of magnets, in the Droid 3, it is based on electrical current supplied from a specific pin in the micro USB connector on the dock. This results in a proprietary usage/definition (read non-standard) of the pin connections on the 'dock'.

    This type usage is true for both the Home Dock and the Car Dock. Neither dock can be used for data transfer between the Droid 3 and a PC.

    If you have an OG Droid home/multimedia dock, you can 'mod' it so you can use it with the Droid 3. However, if you want/need the 'home dock app" to automagically (a favorite understandable non-word) start, you need a third-party app such as "Alarm Clock Plus". Search the Droid 3 forums for this 'mod'.

    Bob
  8. Droid
    Warglock's Avatar
    Member #
    211828
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    58
    Phone
    CDMA GNex
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by REMilk View Post
    My understanding is that there are differences between the method used for dock detection. In the OG Droid, dock detection was through the use of magnets, in the Droid 3, it is based on electrical current supplied from a specific pin in the micro USB connector on the dock. This results in a proprietary usage/definition (read non-standard) of the pin connections on the 'dock'.

    This type usage is true for both the Home Dock and the Car Dock. Neither dock can be used for data transfer between the Droid 3 and a PC.

    If you have an OG Droid home/multimedia dock, you can 'mod' it so you can use it with the Droid 3. However, if you want/need the 'home dock app" to automagically (a favorite understandable non-word) start, you need a third-party app such as "Alarm Clock Plus". Search the Droid 3 forums for this 'mod'.

    Bob
    You are quite right. I speculated as much in my D3 dock teardown in a different D3 dock thread. My issue with this debacle that is the D3 dock is entirely with Motorola. As an Android device manufacturer, they know full well that pairing your PC with your android phone can do many wondrous things, ie; development, tinkering/hacking, data transfer/syncing, ect. It just irks me..
  9. Droid Newbie
    ccates's Avatar
    Member #
    323193
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    droid razr
    #9

    Red face you car cradle...

    I have an extra brand new droid razr car mount. dont know if it will fit your phone but let me know.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How turn off dock insert sound when putting X2 in dock?
    By Redflea in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
  2. Amazon outs Motorola Droid Bionic desktop dock, car dock
    By A-Bomb in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
  3. Droid 2/droid 2 global case to fit car dock w/ extended battery?
    By compchick813 in forum Droid 2 Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
  4. Checking interest on custom car dock (maybe home dock)
    By rjohnson2 in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
  5. Multimedia dock charges but does not put phone into dock mode
    By warrenianbarr in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 car dock manual
,
droid 3 car dock mod
,

droid 3 dock

,
droid 3 dock app
,
droid 3 docking station
,
droid 3 hd dock manual
,

droid 3 home dock

,
motorola droid 3 docking station
,
motorola droid iii docking station
,
will droid 3 work with droidx2 dock
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+