DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anybody going bareback with the D3???

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro

Anybody going bareback with the D3???

Expecting my D3 on the 17th. Coming back to the fold from the iPhone.

As with the iPhone, I have always carried my phones sans case. I always use my right front pocket exclusively for my phone. I have never used a screen protector on any iPhone or a phone with Gorilla Glass (I think its a waste IMHO).

So... who's going bareback with their D3? Any paint rubs etc etc?

I my try GelaSkins as they make some pretty neat skins.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    hmmm bareback, the way it was intended.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3, uh.... stock. (sigh)
    I don't use a case but I do use a screen protector. I also carry in front pants pocket or in a dedicated pocket on a messenger bag.

So far, so good. Can't say as to the glass, of course, but so far the beast is holding up well. Better than the D1 did thanks to the slightly rounded edges, I think. Also, the stiff action on the sliding keyboard helps. With the D1 it would frequently slide partly open in my pocket and the D3 doesn't seem to do that as often.
  4. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Running naked here too. I did use a screen protector for a while on my D1, but couldn't stand the feel of it and took it off for the last year that I had it. So now the D3 goes naked.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    No case here. Got the caseless holster from letsTalk today and all is well. I needed a holster, keeping in my pocket wasn't working for me at all.

end of line...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Nschneider7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I had a case on my D1 but the front part on the screen used to always break and I would have to get a new one. Then I realized that it's actually a pretty durable phone. My D3 I plan on having caseless until I find something that fits nice with an extended battery and looks good. Plus isn't super bulky and akward to hold. I also haven't really been looking for a case actively.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Twitter
    shehippie
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note2 & Gnex
    I bought a snap on case and broke the back part trying to put it on, so I just have the front part on for looks.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    neilrl79
    Phone
    DROID, DROID3
    My DROID3 is completely naked right now although i am considering the OtterBox Commuter case that was just released today. I don't generally use cases on phones but the OttterBox has plugs for the charging/hdmi/headphone ports which really appeals to me. I'm going to wait for a few reviews before purchasing tho because $35 is a lot of money to spend on something i'm not totally sure i want yet.
    DROID3-Hashcode's Safestrap Recovery, CM9 Beta
    DROID-CM7, RZRecovery-Retired
    KindleFire-CM9 thanks to Hashcode
    I'm on Twitter
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID3
    Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    My DROID3 is completely naked right now although i am considering the OtterBox Commuter case that was just released today. I don't generally use cases on phones but the OttterBox has plugs for the charging/hdmi/headphone ports which really appeals to me. I'm going to wait for a few reviews before purchasing tho because $35 is a lot of money to spend on something i'm not totally sure i want yet.
    Mine's in its birthday suit still as well and I'm also considering the Otterbox. I like that it has raised features for the power button and volume rocker instead of an insert. I'd rather not drop $35 on it until I hear that those raised features don't affect the use of the phone.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    I've already seen it for as low as $25 on a few websites. If you don't mind having questionable morals, you can easily get one for free. Simply call up otterbox's customer support, tell them you own a case, and it broke. They will mail you a brand new one out, no questions asked.
    LG enV --> Blackberry Curve 8330 --> LG Ally --> Droid 3. Rooted..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links