DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Cases?

  1. Droid
    dazoe's Avatar
    Member #
    5718
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    68
    Phone
    Droid³ rooted
    #1

    Cases?

    The local virzon store here only had 3 cases (by case logic) 2 of them had issues. The 3rd was pink.
    The first one I tried didn't have the space cut out for the backside of the front camera. So the screen would slide out but would not slide back in.
    The second had the space cut out for the backside of the front camera so I was hopeful. But one of the clips that held on the back part of the case would cause the screen to get VERY stiff when sliding it open.

    So don't buy the case logic cases, if you do you'll be returning the very quickly.

    Does anyone have any case recommendations?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    spruleme's Avatar
    Member #
    62253
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3
    #2
    I bought this aftermarket phone case, It certainly fits but makes the slider stiffer. Not so stiff that you can't open it but noticeably. Good price and good color selection makes this one a winner. That and it feels solid on the phone a nice soft plastic but they are calling rubberized. I would have looked at verizon's but when I went to order they were out of stock already on most all cases.

    [link removed per vendor request]
    Last edited by WERA689; 09-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    militant's Avatar
    Member #
    210730
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    188
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by spruleme View Post
    I bought this aftermarket phone case, It certainly fits but makes the slider stiffer. Not so stiff that you can't open it but noticeably. Good price and good color selection makes this one a winner. That and it feels solid on the phone a nice soft plastic but they are calling rubberized. I would have looked at verizon's but when I went to order they were out of stock already on most all cases.
    Dont buy from there. Same case can be had on Amazon for 5.99 or 6.99. I got mine from there and I love it. Downer is only Black is available at that price (as of now). I'm looking to pick up a blue, orange, and red to have as back ups and to switch around, but I'm not paying more than 10 bucks each.
    Last edited by WERA689; 09-20-2013 at 10:00 AM.
  5. Senior Droid
    militant's Avatar
    Member #
    210730
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    188
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
  6. Junior Droid
    butcher98's Avatar
    Member #
    87843
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    droid
    #5

    ebay

    I bought this case off ebay, and only real complaint was the slider issue being a little stiff but its working itself out.
    For Verizon Motorola Droid 3 Black Rubber Phone Case - eBay (item 290582207619 end time Jul-14-11 12:17:11 PDT)
  7. Droid
    Sp3aK's Avatar
    Member #
    5309
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    96
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #6
    I decided to go with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo ( Shell/Holster Combo ).

    I previously had a Seidio case for my Droid 1, I really liked it. I wasn't initially thrilled about this Verizon case with the sort of cross-thatching design but it's fine. Clipped on good, has a little flip out stand if I want to prop it up for movies, and it didn't bulk the phone up any more than my other case did.

    I got 20% the regular price too.
  8. Droid
    Paladyr's Avatar
    Member #
    5704
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp3aK View Post
    I decided to go with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo ( Shell/Holster Combo ).

    I previously had a Seidio case for my Droid 1, I really liked it. I wasn't initially thrilled about this Verizon case with the sort of cross-thatching design but it's fine. Clipped on good, has a little flip out stand if I want to prop it up for movies, and it didn't bulk the phone up any more than my other case did.

    I got 20% the regular price too.
    Does the holster work without the shell? I'm thinking about going bareback.
  9. Moderator
    bsweetness's Avatar
    Member #
    42719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Liked
    360 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladyr View Post
    Does the holster work without the shell? I'm thinking about going bareback.
    No, it doesn't. The holster is too big for the phone without the shell. They're made to work together.
  10. Senior Droid
    AZDroid09's Avatar
    Member #
    26975
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    198
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #9
    Otterbox is coming out with the Commuter case later this summer, I had one for my OG Droid and it s a good sturdy case that fits well. I gave a shoutout to Seidio on twitter and they said right now no plans for Droid 3 accessories.

    Guess I'll check out the links you guys posted, the ones at the VZW store were horrid
  11. Droid
    Paladyr's Avatar
    Member #
    5704
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    I'm giving the verizon option a try, ordered in online.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New and old in some cases.
    By Orical in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM
  2. Best Cases?
    By Nickchapa in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
  3. Cases
    By Riddlin in forum Droid Incredible Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 09:20 AM
  4. VZW Cases?
    By mkthnx001 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 12:00 PM
  5. Cases
    By DeekBoy in forum Droid Incredible Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 01:07 AM

Search tags for this page

cases for droid 3
,

droid 3 case

,

droid 3 cases

,
droid 3 covers
,
droid 3 phone case
,
droid 3 phone cases
,
motodroid protector
,
motorola droid 3 case
,
motorola droid 3 cases
,
phone case for droid 3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+