DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New to Droid 2 - dropped calls/synch/calendar issues

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

New to Droid 2 - dropped calls/synch/calendar issues

Thanks in advance for any insight and help you can provide....

Just received Droid 2 in the mail today. completed the steps to set up corporate email. Received the first synch within an hour or so of activating the phone. I thought I was off and running but....

1) Still can't send any emails via corporate account
    2) synch turns off after inactivity (removed and reinstalled but I sure don't want to have to do that every day and obviously need a reliable email stream). I have push turned on and synch set to 15 minutes.
    3) No calendar events have populated
    4) Can't associate Outlook calendar to calendar widget (so I just deleted the widget because it was super annoying to have it not work right)
    5) Facebook sucks....receiving status updates but not receiving notifications when people PM or write on my wall

In searching the forums I think the solution for Outlook is to download Touchdown - is that correct?

For facebook, should I just use m.facebook.com instead of trying to use the Droid app?

My BIG problem that I haven't been able to find a resolution for is this:

If I receive a text, MMS, IM, email, or VM notification while on a call, the phone beeps very loudly then drops the call! My BB had an option to disable notification while on a call but I can't seem to find that option on the Droid 2.

I'd appreciate a sanity check on the Touchdown and FB resoltions and would be eternally grateful for a suggestion on the dropped call issue.

I want to love my Droid 2, I really do...please help!!

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This forum is so badly organized I can't find the original post where I described an issue with the Calendar on the Droid 2 saying 'you must synch your calendar' rather than doing anything useful, such as acting as a calendar. Well, I relized that I'd DELETED a Calendar, whatever that means. I have a Calendar in my Gmail account, which I never use, but I found if I 'sync' with that, my phone calendar works. But to do it, I couldn't just click on 'Calendar' on my phone. I had to slide the screen to the right, and look at another screen, which has another Calendar widget. When I clicked on that, it 'synced' with my Google calendar, and I could use it to, er, enter appointments and stuff. What a piece of crap!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This website sucks too. If it has the word 'Google' on it, you would think it would be run by people who have a clue about the web.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    @chicasixbugh, touchdown should take care of your exchange issues. As far as facebook I don't use it, but heard the latest update was supposed to be better. Try going into settings: applications find the facebook app and clear data for it and then try to resync.

Haven't heard of the dropped call issue. I can look more into it for you.

Sent from somewhere...
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    @rodmcoughlin.

Please do not hijack a thread to rant about another issue. To find a previous post you can go into the user control panel or just search your name. With only 3 posts I am sure you would find it.

Sent from somewhere...
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Learning to love my Droid 2

update....but still having dropped call issue

Learning to love my Droid 2, really love all of the features and have resigned myself to the fact that FB just plain sucks even with the latest update. Even though I have learned to live with a few things, I still have one MAJOR issue....

I am still having dropped call issues but I thinnk it's an issue of me actually hitting the touch screen with an earring or moving and bumping it etc...

Someone told me that if you push the "sleep/power" button on the top of the phone it should lock and/or disable the touch screen. I have tried this option to no avail.

Can someone PLEASE give me some tips on how to actually carry on a conversation with this phone?

Links