DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Media Share Wifi... Drivers Not installed

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Media Share Wifi... Drivers Not installed

Hi All...

I got me a shiny Droid 2. I rooted the thing and I'm kinda enjoying the new things that it has.

I saw the media share thing. And enabled it. Under my Windows 7 Network, a Droid2 (with a NAS icon) appeared. I double clicked on it, and Windows started making the attempts at installing some drivers.

Long story short, Drivers where not found. Now I have this "Motorola Phone" with an exclamation mark, under my Device Manager.

I downloaded the motorola USB & Charging drivers. And deleted the "Motorola Phone". All drivers installed when I plugged the phone via USB. Disconnected it, enabled Media Share, and same thing.

What I'm basically trying to accomplish is to be able to access media via wifi from my phone, and see if I can wirelessly copy music to my phone. Maybe even sync a folder on my machine.

Looked all over google, and here to no avail.

Thanks

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Did you try hooking up your d2 to your pc and seeing if the drivers are on your d2's 8gb internal storage?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberyaga View Post
    Hi All...

I got me a shiny Droid 2. I rooted the thing and I'm kinda enjoying the new things that it has.

I saw the media share thing. And enabled it. Under my Windows 7 Network, a Droid2 (with a NAS icon) appeared. I double clicked on it, and Windows started making the attempts at installing some drivers.

Long story short, Drivers where not found. Now I have this "Motorola Phone" with an exclamation mark, under my Device Manager.

I downloaded the motorola USB & Charging drivers. And deleted the "Motorola Phone". All drivers installed when I plugged the phone via USB. Disconnected it, enabled Media Share, and same thing.

What I'm basically trying to accomplish is to be able to access media via wifi from my phone, and see if I can wirelessly copy music to my phone. Maybe even sync a folder on my machine.

Looked all over google, and here to no avail.

Thanks

Hey @cyberyaga, check out Syncables new version 7 software. I came across it through my netbook...was pre-installed software, enabled me to sync all of my important data, media, music library, and emails between my netbook and my other computers. I made the upgrade to version 7 a couple weeks ago and was able to wireless sync all of my media and contacts between my Droid and my computers...it works with WiFi sync. It's simple and works quite perfectly.

There's a free trial for Android and a free trial for the full product if you wanna try using it first. I can't remember where I saw it (maybe PC World?) but I'll have a look and get back to you if I can find the free trial.

found it! here - http://download.cnet.com/Syncables-3...ml?tag=mncol;1
    Last edited by LizKaplin; 10-07-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Found a link I couldn't find when I was writing this...

Links