DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: pinch to zoom and FB.. I can't do it , any suggestions??

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

pinch to zoom and FB.. I can't do it , any suggestions??

I use to access FB directly from my browser, and I loved it. No issues, pinch to zoom, and I could go to the full site options, to tag photos etc... after a suggestion that I should, Download the FB DROID 2 app, I did. I shouldn't have. I didn't like the set up of that app. I went back to my original way of accessing FB , from a home shortcut, I was encountering a glitch.small print, no print to zoom, no updates..etc.. I uninstalled the FB app, but it did not solve this issue. I can no longer pinch to zoom, UNLESS I am in the full site mode. I am constantly clicking "like" when I am just trying to scroll or view.. I just want to have a few minutes of catching up with my friends, I hate spending a lot of time on FB, especially wasted time trying to figure out how to get pinch to zoom back.. btw, I have uninstalled the FB Droid 2 app, cleared my cache, history, and did a battery pull. When I go to fb from my web browser, and log in, its the same old issue... any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.. thanks in advanced

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    It sounds like you may be on the mobile site - in the browser address bar, does it say touch.facebook.com? I always use FB this way too, and have never been able to pinch zoom on the mobile touch site.
    Twitter - @DAndrews81
    Droid 1 - Rooted - Overclocked
    I use many different ROMs and Kernels.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Hmm.. yes it is that web address. I never noticed it before though, so I don't know if it is different from my original bookmark for the site. ( I never thought to check the address) I typed in just facebook.com, and it brought me to this site, touch.mobile automatically.. I cannot stand not having the pinch to zoom.. my friend posted an obituary for a friend, and I accidentally liked it..I keep doing that crazy stuff.. this "new site" way of doing things, kinda defeats the purpose and phone capabilities. Ugh
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyg View Post
    Hmm.. yes it is that web address. I never noticed it before though, so I don't know if it is different from my original bookmark for the site. ( I never thought to check the address) I typed in just facebook.com, and it brought me to this site, touch.mobile automatically.. I cannot stand not having the pinch to zoom.. my friend posted an obituary for a friend, and I accidentally liked it..I keep doing that crazy stuff.. this "new site" way of doing things, kinda defeats the purpose and phone capabilities. Ugh
    I sometimes hit the "like" button as well, and it is rather annoying. It seems like after a while though I've conditioned myself to scroll on certain parts of the page, therefore missing the "like" and "comment" buttons all together. Its just one of those things, unfortunately.
    Twitter - @DAndrews81
    Droid 1 - Rooted - Overclocked
    I use many different ROMs and Kernels.

Links