After reading the stellar reviews, its clear I probably got a dud. Issues I've had:
1. The speakerphone volume fluctuates significantly from call to call. It's much quieter than my Droid 1 even at its loudest.
2. The first week, the phone would randomly stall briefly while navigating the app drawer, going through contacts, or zooming the browser. I could deal with minor hiccups, but After 3 weeks, every other press would cause the phone to stall for 4-5 seconds, then all at once, all my presses would register at once. Half the time, apps would open that I didn't even want. It reached a point where pressing "speaker" while in a call would take 5+ seconds to actually turn on the speakerphone. I originally thought it was a MotoBlur problem, so I used LauncherPro, which sped things up, but the phone STILL stalls. Everytime I select contacts, the red loading circle appears and it takes a second or two.
3. Half the time, the camera refuses to capture an image. If there is even slight movement, the capture fails.
4. 3G data reception in buildings is far worse than the Droid 1. I can still make calls in all the same places but I lose 3G data about once or twice a day and it causes everything to stop loading. The plastic edge over the antenna of the phone appears to be slightly bowed/loose, so perhaps this is part of the problem.
5. The on-screen keyboard stalls all the time, missing letters and causing the predictive text to make a random mess. I HAVE to use the slide out keyboard every time.
6. Every few days, the browser stops loading pages entirely. It will say "loading..." but the red bar disappears, and nothing happens. I have to manually go into the application settings and clear the cache before the browser will work again. DroidForums, and sites with flash cause the browser to force close once or twice a day.
I have owned every major Verizon Motorola since the V710 and I'm baffled that I'm experiencing so many issues all at once on the Droid 2. From what I can tell, my Droid 1 was far more stable, and I'm considering shipping the Droid 2 back.
To me, the phone appears to have memory management issues. At any given time, there are 20+ apps running in the background on the Droid 2, whereas the Droid 1 had 5-10. I've done three factory resets and they only seem to be a temporary fix. Anyone else experiencing these things?