DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Gmail no longer sync-ing (solution)

  1. Droid
    Barristro's Avatar
    Member #
    104800
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Gmail no longer sync-ing (solution)

    This past weekend, I stopped receiving email notifications. After looking into the problem, I noticed that my accounts were no longer set up to sync.

    I searched around for a solution and found that several people in the past had this same problem with the following symptom; the check boxes to sync gmail, contacts, calendar, etc. no longer existed. The solution posted was to do a factory reset of the phone. That is the only solution that I could find.

    I did the factory reset, and it solved the problem.

    In re-customizing my phone, I noticed the REAL problem, which I share so that people don't have to do a reset.

    1) Add Android Widget > Power Control
    2) Turn on the second from right button (sync)
    3) the check boxes will now appear under the Account for sync-ing
    4) Then you can delete the widget from the screen if you want. (I like it, but others seem to hate it with a passion).

    This is an embarrassingly easy solution. It is so simple that most people probably assume that you have already checked for this solution before complaining about the lack of sync.

    Hopefully this saves someone out there from doing a factory reset.
    Last edited by Barristro; 08-27-2010 at 05:59 AM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    aminaked's Avatar
    Member #
    25714
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,187
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Yes, those little arrows in a circle on the power control widget need a label so people know what it does.

    Also, if you don't want to use the widget go to phone settings > accounts & sync > Auto-sync > CHECKED
  3. Droid
    Barristro's Avatar
    Member #
    104800
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    Yes, those little arrows in a circle on the power control widget need a label so people know what it does.

    Also, if you don't want to use the widget go to phone settings > accounts & sync > Auto-sync > CHECKED
    I don't think Droid-2 has "accounts & sync", just "accounts", which doesn't show the boxes without sync being turned on the way I described.

    If there is another and simpler way, great. But my limited mind couldn't find it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    aminaked's Avatar
    Member #
    25714
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,187
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Oh, OK, I was talking about the Droid 1.
  5. Droid Newbie
    nujackhustla's Avatar
    Member #
    107278
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    i went through the trouble of registering just so i could thank you for posting this. my exact problem. much appreciated.
  6. Junior Droid
    fibermick's Avatar
    Member #
    2539
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Droid
    #6

    many thanks

    I've been wandering all over the various droid forums and you have solved my problem. History--Droid 1, Dinc and now DX. I left the Dinc because of sense UI and the convoluted calendar situation. As an x-palm user I wanted the whole issue to be seamless. I remembered that it was on the D 1. (Give me a break on the memory part--I'm a 75 year old lady) I think it is ridiculous to have to have the power widget (it's ugly and I'm an artist) on a page but that is what works. I've just added an event to my phone and it appeared on my desktop--yeah. Maybe Froyo will fix this? I can only hope. But thanks very much.
  7. Droid
    Barristro's Avatar
    Member #
    104800
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Glad that I was able to help. I was going to register on other sites to post this solution, but I just don't feel like having even more accounts to keep track of.

    Feel free to post this solution on other sites you have accounts for.
  8. Droid
    razingkane's Avatar
    Member #
    107751
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    39
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung GS3/Moto Photon & D2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Barristro View Post
    Glad that I was able to help. I was going to register on other sites to post this solution, but I just don't feel like having even more accounts to keep track of.

    Feel free to post this solution on other sites you have accounts for.

    Nice.....thanks. As Droid 2 newbee I had this power widget up but accidentally deleted it. Then I realized had no idea how I got it in the 1st place.
  9. Droid Newbie
    johnsi02's Avatar
    Member #
    104887
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid2
    #9

    Thanks much

    That fix saved my sanity. And my phone. I was about to return this droid 2 because it couldn't even sync automatically like my old winmo phone could.
  10. Junior Droid
    sorapp's Avatar
    Member #
    104978
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barristro View Post
    This past weekend, I stopped receiving email notifications. After looking into the problem, I noticed that my accounts were no longer set up to sync.

    I searched around for a solution and found that several people in the past had this same problem with the following symptom; the check boxes to sync gmail, contacts, calendar, etc. no longer existed. The solution posted was to do a factory reset of the phone. That is the only solution that I could find.

    I did the factory reset, and it solved the problem.

    In re-customizing my phone, I noticed the REAL problem, which I share so that people don't have to do a reset.

    1) Add Android Widget > Power Control
    2) Turn on the second from right button (sync)
    3) the check boxes will now appear under the Account for sync-ing

    This is an embarrassingly easy solution. It is so simple that most people probably assume that you have already checked for this solution before complaining about the lack of sync.

    Hopefully this saves someone out there from doing a factory reset.
    This was a terrific find. You will save a lot of people from unnecessary grief. It works perfectly on the Droid 2 and you can delete the widget after you turn the sync back on. A huge thank you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Missing Sync 4 Android- weak solution
    By chilidipper in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 02:52 PM
  2. m:IQ launches MobileMe-like, cloud sync solution for Android
    By mIQ Live in forum App Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
  3. Gmail no longer push?
    By PaulAndroidMan in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
  4. Gmail no longer pushes?
    By CKyle22 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
  5. Sync to Outlook Solution
    By jcortes in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Search tags for this page

account and sync settings 2.2.2
,

android gmail no longer syncs

,
android gmail reset sync
,

android gmail without sync

,
android no sync gmail
,

droid 2 gmail

,
gmail no longer syncs automatically
,

gmail no sync android

,

my android no longer syncs with gmail

,
mytouch no longer accepts gmail sync
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+