DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Cradle & Screen Issues

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Cool Cradle & Screen Issues

I have a Droid 2 and a cradle for the unit to charge in on my desk. It used show the screen brightly, but know you can barely see the screen. Any ideas what I can do to get the screen to display again while charging?

thanks,
    Jim

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto A957 Droid2 R2D2 GBv2.3.4
    Quote Originally Posted by jimS38305 View Post
    I have a Droid 2 and a cradle for the unit to charge in on my desk. It used show the screen brightly, but know you can barely see the screen. Any ideas what I can do to get the screen to display again while charging?

thanks,
    Jim
    Hi, Jim!

When you have the Droid 2 docked on the cradle, try using the "menu" (symbol: four squares) along the bottom (right-side when docked in landscape mode) edge of your screen, and it should get you to a sparse list of settings. My Droid 2 R2-D2 Edition shows only "Night Mode Brightness" in this control panel, and tapping that brings up an option to have the phone's brightness adjust for "night mode." That said, night mode is only engaged in the stock version of the software by pressing the little "sunshine" icon that appears on the left column of the multimedia dock screen. This icon, third down from the top on that left column of your screen while docked on the cradle, is a toggle between day mode and night mode, and is easy to accidentally tap when trying to access other screen items.

Also a quick hint: your "notification bar" across the top of the screen (whichever way is currently the top) disappears when the phone is docked in the cradle and running in night mode, so if you don't see the small indicator icons that show missed call, incoming text message or gmail received, etc, across the top edge, then you're most likely in night mode (by accident or choice).

I've recently added "screen filter" app to my D2-R2D2 to bring the brightness of night mode down even darker, too. But boy do I ever notice when I accidentally tap that icon which brings up the brightness to full intensity in the middle of the night, if nothing else is dimming the screen (like "screen filter" for example).

Are we on the right track?

Links