DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Droid 2 keeps restarting

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    My phone started doing this today. It was on this morning, no problems. I got a notice saying it was low on space, so I deleted a few apps (all stuff that I had downloaded, nothing that could cause a problem). Then I opened my Kindle app and began deleting books off the device. I did that for 3 books, everything was fine, then it froze as I was deleting the 4th book, and then entered the endless restart loop. I removed the battery, thinking that would help, but it didn't. So I removed it for a longer period of time, but still nothing. I'm just caught in the loop, but I don't have enough expertise to know what to do next.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy1078 View Post
    Ok, I think I figured out how to fix my problem - maybe it will help you folks. First thing I did was clear the cache on the multi-touch keyboard. Then, since I already cleared the caches on all my apps, I went back to each one and cleared the data. That seems to have helped. I'm not getting any force close messages when I go into my apps and my Droid hasn't restarted on it's own.
    How do you clear the cache on the keyboard? How are you doing anything with the phone constantly restarting? Thanks.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    If your phone is stuck in bootloop you need to pull the battery then restart the phone so you can boot into recovery and do a factory data reset.

Power the phone on while holding 'X' on the physical keyboard

When the triangle with the '!' appears press both the up and down volume keys together

Select Wipe data/factory reset with the arrows and then press the enter key on the keyboard. Confirm this and let the system do it's thing. The play store should offer you the option to reinstall your apps once this is complete.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable View Post
    If your phone is stuck in bootloop you need to pull the battery then restart the phone so you can boot into recovery and do a factory data reset.

Power the phone on while holding 'X' on the physical keyboard

When the triangle with the '!' appears press both the up and down volume keys together

Select Wipe data/factory reset with the arrows and then press the enter key on the keyboard. Confirm this and let the system do it's thing. The play store should offer you the option to reinstall your apps once this is complete.
    Not sure how to do this since my Droid X2 doesn't have a physical keyboard. Any alternatives?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I think you hold the home key while powering on the Droid X2. Google it to be certain.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable View Post
    I think you hold the home key while powering on the Droid X2. Google it to be certain.
    Thanks MI!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links