DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: D2G Turns reboots after texts send sometimes...also doesn't recieve texts at times

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

D2G Turns reboots after texts send sometimes...also doesn't recieve texts at times

Hey. I'm running a rooted Droid 2 Global. I'm still on the stock Rom. I just rooted to get better battery life. Sometimes, after I send a text, the phone freezes up and resets itself. At other times, I will go through the day and realize I didn't get any texts. I have to reboot my phone and then I will receive multiple texts...all from the day that I had missed. Please help! this is really annoying.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I would sbf since that's my answer to everything.

It could be your service being bad? Try switching airplane mode on and off whenever you need to check your text and see if that works.

I have to go to bed sorry I couldn't help much..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by boswell9 View Post
    Hey. I'm running a rooted Droid 2 Global. I'm still on the stock Rom. I just rooted to get better battery life. Sometimes, after I send a text, the phone freezes up and resets itself. At other times, I will go through the day and realize I didn't get any texts. I have to reboot my phone and then I will receive multiple texts...all from the day that I had missed. Please help! this is really annoying.
    What text app are you using? If stock, you may want to try one of the alternates in the market.

Also, you can do a Factory Data Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    What text app are you using? If stock, you may want to try one of the alternates in the market.

Also, you can do a Factory Data Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.
    Hey Bud saw you on some of the other forums so thought Id ask you something. Got my wife Droid2 need to root it. Will Petes deal work been reading they say it will I used it on my Bionic guess its the same one correct.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddale View Post
    Hey Bud saw you on some of the other forums so thought Id ask you something. Got my wife Droid2 need to root it. Will Petes deal work been reading they say it will I used it on my Bionic guess its the same one correct.
    Not sure about that. I've never used it. Here's some stuff about rooting a D2: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ashing-d2.html

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    benuti1
    Phone
    Bionic, Note2, Razr HD MAX X
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Not sure about that. I've never used it. Here's some stuff about rooting a D2: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ashing-d2.html

Good luck.
    Thanks thats the old one for Froyo. I think Petes will work I just dont wanna brick the wifes phone Illk be in a heap of s$tt

Links