Ok, so for simplicities sake, and so I don't ramble on, my problem will be laid out in chronological list form.
1) Happily rolling along on Liberty 2.0.1 on my Droid 2, getting all my tweaks figured out, really getting to like my setup.
2) Downloaded ROM Toolbox Pro, and messed around with a few things (notification bar text, changed the system font, new boot logo, removed a few system bloatware apps like cardock and such), excited about all my new superfluous changes.Also had to remove and reinstall gmail and youtube because I was having trouble updating them, and someone said that was the way to roll.
3)Reboot to let changes take effect, no problems.
4)Look at changing the battery icon, then notice it says beta and that I should backup first.
5)Reboot into clockwork and backup.
6)Reboot into liberty and change the battery icon.
7)Reboot to take effect, battery icon is not changed but background has changed and a few other settings are off, I'm disappointed
8)Reboot into clockwork, wipe data and cache, restore to my backup from 3 minutes before.
10)Take battery out, reboot. Bootloop. Repeat. Bootloop. Repeat. Bootloop.
11)Boot phone into bootloader by holding down both volume buttons and the power button or the camera button, volume down, and the power button.
12)SBF back to stock using SBF_Flash on my computer.
13)Reload Z4Root and Bootstrap recovery, root phone, reboot into recovery, wipe data and cache, restore backup again. Bootloop.
14)SBF again, install liberty 2.0.1, reboot into recovery, wipe data and cache, restore backup again. Bootloop.
15)SBF again, reload Liberty 2.0.1, use Titanium backup to restore some apps and begin putting my perfect setup back together again.
1) After spending hours redoing my settings and such, and groaning about not backing up my handcent sms account (I lost all my texts), I decide to try one more time.
2) Reboot into recovery, make a backup, wipe data and cache, restore backup (not new one, one from yesterday), reboot. Bootloop.
3) SBF, bla bla bla, restore newer backup, and I'm back to where I was this morning, halfway setup and still missing my texts. Grumble.
End result: Phone works, missing texts and lots of other data, but works. But what the heck happened to my backups? I tried a few other older ones to see if I could get something back, but none of my old backups work. Sad face. Why did my backups all of a sudden stop working? I read something in my search about a possible upgraded bootloader or something, but I don't know what exactly that means. Anyways, please help me put my phone back together again.
Also, is a nandroid a backup file made with clockwork recovery? I guess I can't quite claim noobdom anymore, but I'm no programmer either.