Recently, My power button on my Droid 2 broke and I realized I didn't have any way to get the phone to power back on. I searched and searched around the internet to find an answer and found it hard to get a fix. I took my Droid 2 into verizon hoping that they new and alternative way to power my phone back on. Naturally, the sleezy salesman wanted me to upgrade however, I am not prepared to buy a new phone until the Droid Bionic releases. So he gives me a referral to a tech store that'll charge me some big bucks to fix a stupid stuck button. So what do i do...trouble shoot and figure it out myself for FREE.
Here's the criteria your Droid 2 must meet before you attempt this.
1. When you plug the phone into the WALL CHARGER (not USB), the
Droid 2 must go to the (M) Motorola start-up screen, and then to the liquid green battery life indicator.
-This also assures that the phone doesnt have any display issues or water damage affecting the power-up process.
2. Make sure the power button isnt stuck down, this can prevent this sequence from working properly.
Here's the alternative way to power up your Droid 2 if your Power/Lock button is Broken, i call it the "Pull Out Method"
(Make sure your battery isn't dead before attempting this)
1. Plug your Droid 2 into wall charger wait until the green battery indicator appears.
2. Press Shift/ALT/DEL and the screen should Black OUT.
3. Before The (M) Appears you have a 4 second black out try to time it out so that you pull the power cord out of the phone right before the (M) appears. If you get the timing wrong it will load the battery charging screen indicator. (This took me a few trys to get the timing, but now i "pull out" like a pro)
4. When you get it timed right, the phone must assume you pushed the power button because the (M) will then BOOT the Droid Eye and voila, Your phone has powered up again as if you were useing your power button again.
I hope this helps and can get you by until you have to purchase the Droid Bionic. The only thing is you have a charger cord to do this, otherwise im content as long as i dont have to front 500.00 for a new Droid.