I am on my second Droid 2 and am having basically the same problems. I did a reset in February and got a new (refurbished) Droid 2 in March, but now I am having the same problems as before plus a couple of new ones. Here are my main problems:
1) My phone keeps resetting itself. It does so at random times after doing random things, so it is never the same problem.
2) After locking my phone (or it going to sleep) the phone will freeze on a black screen and won't unlock. After multiple presses of the lock button, nothing changes. Occasionally this will work, but usually I have to take out the battery and restart the phone.
3) Lately when people try to call me, I can't answer the phone because the green slide button to answer the call won't slide. It does it with different people and so I have to restart the phone in order to make it work.
4) I have the "Droid" ringtone set for text messages and the "Facebook Pop" ringtone set for emails, but my emails notification keeps getting reset to "Droid" without me changing anything. I know this is not a significant problem, but it's just annoying.
5) When using the pop-out keyboard (one of the main reasons I got the Droid 2 instead of the Droid X) some keys give me double letters. It's not specific keys, just some give me double letters when I only press it once.
The only thing I know to do at this point is take it to Verizon again and see if I can get another one. If that doesn't work, I will politely demand a change in phone. I love my Droid 2 and use my keyboard often, but if it doesn't work, I'm going to have to do something different. I don't have any task killers installed on the phone and it's not rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!