DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Titanium backup and rooting

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Titanium backup and rooting

I recently rooted my D2 using the not so ''one click'' doroot. (Had to fumble with usb settings and restart the program countless times.) Used rom manager and titanium backup. Saved my backup, rooted and none of the apps were there! Not even android market would tell me what I had. Lost all my notes including valuable work related notes, texts etc...

So my question is, what could have possibly gone wrong? Did I save to the wrong location? How does titanium even work? I know rooting wipes everything and starts you fresh, but doesn't titanium save eeverything. I also backed up using rom manager before I rooted, and that didn't even save anything. Kind of confused here.

I have since unrooted because overclocking and wifi tethering was a joke... I could only set the CPU to 1ghz Max with setCPU and wifi tethering dropped off after 2 minutes of use. Besides the fact that it took me nearly 8 hours to root and rom once it was all said and done...and all for not one single benefit...

I hear about people overclocking and all this great stuff about speed and stability and customization when rooting but I experienced none of that. So what am I missing here? I hope its something big and blatantly obvious and not the fact that rooting doesn't seem like all its cracked up to be.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Backups should be in Titanium as long as you made backups of them there. They will likely be at the bottom with a line through them. Simply touch them, select Restore, and App+Data. It doesn't restore them automatically. The only ones that do that are paid apps as they are since to your gmail.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Backups should be in Titanium as long as you made backups of them there. They will likely be at the bottom with a line through them. Simply touch them, select Restore, and App+Data. It doesn't restore them automatically. The only ones that do that are paid apps as they are since to your gmail.

That makes sense, like when I setup my xoom it downloaded all my paid apps I had on my phone. But when I rooted it didn't download anything. :-[
    is there a better app than setcpu for overclocking? Most of what I read said setcpu was great. I tried to do as much research as I could so I wouldn't brick my phone, but maybe rooting is too much for me or I need to read more. At least I had enough info to avoid a brick! Lol

5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xoomdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post

That makes sense, like when I setup my xoom it downloaded all my paid apps I had on my phone. But when I rooted it didn't download anything. :-[
    is there a better app than setcpu for overclocking? Most of what I read said setcpu was great. I tried to do as much research as I could so I wouldn't brick my phone, but maybe rooting is too much for me or I need to read more. At least I had enough info to avoid a brick! Lol

Did your gmail sync?

"If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Yes it did
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by xoomdroid View Post

yes....Droid 2 Overclock is much better that SetCPU. I used to use SetCPU but I couldn't stand the couple seconds of choke when I woke up the screen. D2Overclock does not do that.

We are all happy to help you so just post your questions and we will try to answer them
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.

Links