DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Music plays out of phone speaker, even when headphones are connected..

  1. Senior Droid
    oMenaceTigero's Avatar
    Member #
    41514
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Music plays out of phone speaker, even when headphones are connected..

    I have the newest liberty ROM installed, and that's about the only modification I've made to it. Rooted of course.
    When I play the music, it comes out of the phone speaker, I plug my headphones in, and it continues to play out of the phone, not out of the headphones at all. I've tried multiple headphones and still no luck.
    Help, please and thanks.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    NiceGuysFinishLast's Avatar
    Member #
    156937
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    748
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #2
    Sounds like your headphone jack is broken.
  4. brettofamerica's Avatar
    Member #
    173617
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #3
    Did you have this problem before you flashed? Are other people having similar problems with that rom? And have you tried multiple headphones?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Senior Droid
    oMenaceTigero's Avatar
    Member #
    41514
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuysFinishLast View Post
    Sounds like your headphone jack is broken.
    Is there any way I could check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    Did you have this problem before you flashed? Are other people having similar problems with that rom? And have you tried multiple headphones?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    I flashed Apex before Liberty and that's where the problem started. Before I flashed Apex the headphones worked perfectly fine. I have never heard of this problem before. And yes I have tried multiple headphones.
  6. brettofamerica's Avatar
    Member #
    173617
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by oMenaceTigero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuysFinishLast View Post
    Sounds like your headphone jack is broken.
    Is there any way I could check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    Did you have this problem before you flashed? Are other people having similar problems with that rom? And have you tried multiple headphones?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    I flashed Apex before Liberty and that's where the problem started. Before I flashed Apex the headphones worked perfectly fine. I have never heard of this problem before. And yes I have tried multiple headphones.
    You can always just try restarting your phone (you wouldn't believe the number of bugs I have fixed by just restarting...) but it sounds to me like the wipe data didn't completely delete apex and there is a file butting heads with one of liberty's. Here is a list of things to try (if one doesn't work try the next):

    1. Re-install liberty on top of itself
    2. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and re-install liberty
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and install stock sbf through RSDlite then reinstall liberty. (heard this is the only true way to be absolutely sure nothing from the previous rom is left)
  7. Senior Droid
    oMenaceTigero's Avatar
    Member #
    41514
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oMenaceTigero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuysFinishLast View Post
    Sounds like your headphone jack is broken.
    Is there any way I could check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    Did you have this problem before you flashed? Are other people having similar problems with that rom? And have you tried multiple headphones?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    I flashed Apex before Liberty and that's where the problem started. Before I flashed Apex the headphones worked perfectly fine. I have never heard of this problem before. And yes I have tried multiple headphones.
    You can always just try restarting your phone (you wouldn't believe the number of bugs I have fixed by just restarting...) but it sounds to me like the wipe data didn't completely delete apex and there is a file butting heads with one of liberty's. Here is a list of things to try (if one doesn't work try the next):

    1. Re-install liberty on top of itself
    2. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and re-install liberty
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and install stock sbf through RSDlite then reinstall liberty. (heard this is the only true way to be absolutely sure nothing from the previous rom is left)
    Could you link me to a thread or something that explains how to do #3? Cause I will definitely do that.
  8. brettofamerica's Avatar
    Member #
    173617
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #7
    xda-developers are truly amazing... Tutorial/Walkthrough for flashing an .sbf to Droid 2 (unrooting/factory restore) - xda-developers (you can replace step 11 with clockwork recovery if you can still boot into it
  9. Senior Droid
    oMenaceTigero's Avatar
    Member #
    41514
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    xda-developers are truly amazing... Tutorial/Walkthrough for flashing an .sbf to Droid 2 (unrooting/factory restore) - xda-developers (you can replace step 11 with clockwork recovery if you can still boot into it
    Ugh I just did all that and it still doesn't work..
  10. brettofamerica's Avatar
    Member #
    173617
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Droid 2
    #9
    Its not working in stock rom? I would suggest unrooting and undoing anything that would void the warranty and take it back to verizon for a replacement! Sounds like the jack is broken... Sorry you had to do all that to find out I was wrong good luck at verizon

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  11. Senior Droid
    oMenaceTigero's Avatar
    Member #
    41514
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by brettofamerica View Post
    Its not working in stock rom? I would suggest unrooting and undoing anything that would void the warranty and take it back to verizon for a replacement! Sounds like the jack is broken... Sorry you had to do all that to find out I was wrong good luck at verizon

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    Yeah I'm just gonna bring it in. Will they replace it since the headphone jack is broken?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 07:16 PM
  3. Didja Know? Droid plays music too!
    By nateccnn in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 07:02 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
  5. Continuous Low Beep / Audio Speaker plays low
    By sun in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 02:04 PM

Search tags for this page

android plays on speaker when headphones are connected

,

droid 3 music not playing through headphones

,

fix sound android playing speaker while earphone is plugged

,

headphones connected plays out of phone speaker

,
music plays through speakers instead of headphones on phone
,

my android only plays through speaker not headphones

,
phone plays music on speaker when earphones connected
,

playing music through speakers and headphones at the same ti

,

s4 music playing through speaker and earphones

,
why is my music playing out and in headphones
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+