DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Party Shuffle?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Party Shuffle?

So, i have a droid 2 (obviously), and whenever i open my music and go into my library or a specific playlist to play songs, it will start to play the song i select then it will automatically switch to a new song and it will put it on party shuffle. now, i already tried switching to a different music player (playerpro), and reloading to factory settings and it still does it. i don't know if this is an unfixable bug or if someone else with a droid 2 has already brought this up in a different thread.

if anyone could help me, or point me in the direction of a link to the thread in which someone has already brought this up, i'd appreciate it. thanks.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    anyone? i mean, just looking for some help or a point in the direction of help.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    Last edited by pc747; 02-28-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: language
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Have you actually turned off "Party Shuffle" under settings? If not, then I think the phone is doing this; 1)Play song I was told to play, 2)Song is over, play next song in playlist, 3)Playlist is empty, check settings 4)Settings say "Party Shuffle", play random(ish) song.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    man i'm really not trying to seem like a scrub, cause i've had this phone since around september '10. but i really don't understand. let me walk you through it.
    1)i play certain song, not of a certain playlist, just any song out of my library.
    2)song starts to play, then, no more then 5 seconds into the song; the song STOPS, then the phone will switch to party shuffle, playing a new song.
    3)i get annoyed and want to put my phone through the wall.

i'm not sure what settings you're talking of, i don't see anywhere where i can turn party shuffle on or off, i thought that it was a stock setting that couldn't be altered.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by damienross543 View Post
    2)song starts to play, then, no more then 5 seconds into the song; the song STOPS, then the phone will switch to party shuffle, playing a new song.
    That's actually what I thought you meant when I first read your message, but it is so foolish that I figured I was wrong and gave my answer as if the entire song played.

Let's look at the "5 second" problem.

I cannot imagine why this would happen unless 1) you are accidentally hitting a button of some sort when you put your phone down after selecting a song, 2) The headset is loose or of low quality. Any vibration could cause it to send a signal to the phone to advance to the next song. This is a good feature for some headsets, but causes a problem when it malfunctions. 3) your song is really only five seconds long (unlikely, but the file might be corrupt).

Other than that, I am stumped.
    Last edited by Barristro; 02-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    man i appreciate your response. i think option number 2. is the winner tho. it happens with mupltiple songs and i know i'm not hittin anything. i'm out of claims. so i guess i'll just have to deal with it until january 2012 :/

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    See if it happens without headphones. If that solves it, try with "better" headphones, or get a decent bluetooth set.

i'm out of claims. so i guess i'll just have to deal with it until january 2012 :/
    But that's when the world ends!

edit: I just looked for setting to turn off that feature, but couldn't find any. Not even sure the standard player really has it. I got sick of Party Shuffle playing the same 30 songs out of 500 over and over, so I got a different player that was a little more random, and that's where I found the "push headphones button for next song" feature.
    Last edited by Barristro; 02-28-2011 at 02:49 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    what player do you use? i tried playerpro and it did the same ****. and actually december 2012 is when the world ends lol. so i'd have a new phone for most of 2012 before it ended lol

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    what player do you use?
    I use "Music Player".
    Music Player - Android
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Im actually gavin the same problem on my x except when I use another music player the stick music app will just start automatically. Ill stop the song turn off the music player and it will just start back up again. If I just use the stock music player it just goes into parry shuffle andwith a licked screen will skip through songs or just pause them outya no where!!! Im a really annoyed with this stock music app!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links