Rooted using Z Root in January
Sent as a Verizon Replacement December 15th 2010 (Went through 3 Motorola Devours...)
Today, as I was trying to send a text, the Swype started acting crazy and started inputting random letters. Then I stopped touching my phone and the phone started resending old texts, swiping home pages, opened and closed apps and started to want to delete my Dialer. (This is when I paniked big time) It was like someone had remote access (which I bet this is what it is) to the phone, because I was fighting them just to reset the phone. I reset it 3 times tonight and even when the phone was factory clean and on airplane mode, the phone started opening settings and random apps. I just got frustrated and took the battery out and so it's dead now. I took the sd card out and it still acted like this. I even didn't sign in my Google Accounts after reactivating the phone and it still acted crazy. I'm at my wit's end and I don't know what to do!
The Suspect App's Permissions are
- I had the phone off for an hour, battery and SD out. When I turned it back on and put the SD in, The date was December 31st 1969. at 7:00PM (actual time was 6:24pm)
- Phone makes calls, just trying to get to the Contacts is an impossible challenge.
- Phone was fine after the 3rd reset for 3 hours then started acting up.
- My friend suspects it to be the "Sms Gmail Notifier" app I downloaded Sunday.
This application has access to the following:
- Your messages receive SMS
Allows application to receive and process SMS messages. Malicious applications may monitor your messages or delete them without showing them to you.
- Network communication full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
- Your personal information read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your device. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
- Phone calls read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
HELP! THANK you.